The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Papers for Snakes??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jomo Posted - 04/07/2011 : 18:34:52

Hi i'm new to snakekeeping so please forgive me if i ask some dumb questions at first. i've been reading a lot of the stickys and posts here and am learning so much, most questions are answered, but i keep seeing adverts for royal pythons that say" with papers" or "all papers included" or" no papers but guaranteed" please please please what does this mean? do snakes have pedigrees like dogs?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 05/07/2011 : 11:09:29
Almost forgot the cars ! :O
Margwar Posted - 05/07/2011 : 10:31:27
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Good idea Margwar, I'll do the same except mine will have explosions and naked women!! :D lol

But seriously that sounds kinda cool :D do it

What about fast cars?
Lotabob Posted - 04/07/2011 : 22:23:15
Kelf yours will just be links to youtube videos
Kelfezond Posted - 04/07/2011 : 20:48:55
Good idea Margwar, I'll do the same except mine will have explosions and naked women!! :D lol

But seriously that sounds kinda cool :D do it
Margwar Posted - 04/07/2011 : 20:26:50
We've decided if we sell any hatchlings, they will have little record cards and then a little certificate, with the hatchlings ID code, 3 images (One general, one with weight at birth, one with weight at date of sale (Or next empty weight) and both parents ID codes and genetics details, along with images)
Not only will it help with identifying the morphs, but it's also something nice for the younger generations to look at. I know a woman who made a little birth certificate up for her kids when they got a new puppy.
And I just like making pretty certificates :P
jomo Posted - 04/07/2011 : 20:17:40
Thanks for the replies Guys. I would agree that the most important info would be feed/shed, so something like a logbook showing, breeders name, date of hatch,sex,type(ie morph/het etc) and then dates of feeding/shedding/weight would be far more useful than anything else! Trust and gentlemans words are all very well , but I can see serious money changing hands for some of these morphs.
reptiledanny Posted - 04/07/2011 : 20:00:02
it also should hopefully have contact details on, so if you ever sell, or the het doesnt prove out and it was sold as 100% het, then they should in theory refund you, or ecxchange it for the actuall het you want
Lotabob Posted - 04/07/2011 : 19:57:27
Unless you trust the person that you are buying the snake from then really its just buy a snake get free toilet roll. Its not regulated, its not standardised. You could quite easily knock one up on word and there is nothing that can be done to prove the information printed on it is genuine. I you ask me with papers means with history/information, and to me the important papers are feeding and shedding records.
jomo Posted - 04/07/2011 : 19:47:52
So really then,if no-ones checking who is issuing paperwork, and there is no standard paperwork, these 'papers' aren't worth the paper they're written on?
Kelfezond Posted - 04/07/2011 : 19:35:03
As far as I know there is no regulation, to know what you're looking at you'd need to research what it looks like but there are literally hundreds of morphs for royal pythons so it's impossible to learn them all.
jomo Posted - 04/07/2011 : 19:08:06
Ahhh!! i see, so they will tell me what kind of morph my snake is! ok, more stupid Questions! What do they look like? how will i know i'm being shown the real thing? and who regulates it? my mother is a dog breeder and everything is regulatad by the kennel club, is there a single body that registers snakes?
Kelfezond Posted - 04/07/2011 : 19:00:46
However never assume that papers are law they are after all only paper, anyone can forge them it's not common but it does happen, best of buying from the breeders themselves rather than second hand from strangers when it comes to getting hets.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 04/07/2011 : 18:51:21
Papers are for snakes from a reputable breeding that's gives your papers to say what het they are for

Like normal python with het for albino it's a visual normal royal python but it's carrying the albino gene
So putting two normal royal pythons that are carrying (het) (recessive) gene albino

breeding them to each other with if you hit the odds will you will make baby albinos
As normal babies

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000