The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Humidity Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kahless Posted - 16/07/2011 : 20:21:11
Im quite new to Royal Python keeping and was wondering about humidity in my Pythons Viv ..

He's currently in a 24'x18' Viv made by Vulliamy with a Habistat Dimmer Stat 60w heat sorce. Substrate used is Repti-bark.

Temp hot end 91 down to a cool 80ish. Medium sized Water bowl big enough for him to get in if he felt the need.

He seems happy enough took is last feed ok
Do i need to do anything further for the humidity ?

Many thanks
Lee
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 18/07/2011 : 20:00:48
The only time i raise humidity is just before a shed, with mine it is critical as without she will shed confetti and thats a lot of stress for her.
I only have to raise it to around 60% and she will shed perfectly and seemingly without even moving from her hide!
anatess Posted - 18/07/2011 : 14:47:04
You guys make me drool.

Florida humidity is crazy. It goes from close to 0% in winter to 90% in summer. And the three years I've owned these royals, they tend to stop eating until I get the humidity adjusted. They don't mind the high humidity (I try to get it at around 75% during shed) but when it's dry, they don't like it. That's why I'm trying to ditch the glass tank and move them to plastic RUBs, it's almost impossible to get the humidity right in the glass tank - it's a constant battle.
Tawfik47 Posted - 17/07/2011 : 13:43:13
That is good. thank u Bob .
jhk2005 Posted - 17/07/2011 : 12:48:32
I keep all mine at normal room humidity 55-60% and (touches wood) they've always shed with no probs, but it sounds from your post like your doing a great job already so he'll be fine :D
Lotabob Posted - 16/07/2011 : 22:13:16
Right now everywhere in Africa (royal territory) is 60-90% apart from the deserts but they dont live there.

http://www.findlocalweather.com/weather_maps/humidity_africa.html
blackskull Posted - 16/07/2011 : 21:08:23
royals in the wild have higer humidity than what we give them here in the uk, im not sure off the top of my head what it is but it might be around 80, in which case it would be fine for yours

if im wrong im sure someone else will be able to tell you
Tawfik47 Posted - 16/07/2011 : 21:05:03
mine is 70% would this be a problem ? it was 55% before i stopped useing the bulb because of the hot weather we have here.
i think i should minimize the water bolw i have.
n/a Posted - 16/07/2011 : 20:30:13
Same here.
blackskull Posted - 16/07/2011 : 20:26:21
royals are fine at room humidity. mine are around 55%. you many need to raise humidity when in shed this can be done by moving the water bowl towards the hot end or my way is to put a damp flannel under the heat buld on their hide, you will know if you need to raise it if your snake has a bad shed

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000