The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Food size?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sandi Posted - 28/07/2011 : 18:53:26
Florence is over 910g (need to do a weigh in but waiting on a poo), she is eating large weaners easily and i reckon she could go up a size to small rats. The weaners are not amounting to 10% of her weight but I'm not sure what a small rat would weigh. They look mighty big compared to what she currently eats though so I'm a bit wary of making the change.

Anybody else feeding small rats? any probs?

She is being a voracious feeder at the mo so this could be the best time to make the jump.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 30/07/2011 : 19:26:04
Hmm, the last weaner i weighed was 65grams and it didnt touch the sides! She must be up for a small rat then i guess!
Boris is on medium rats but will go up to large next week as they are clearly not putting a bulge in his tum anymore either.

Feel like im being eaten out of house and home!
reptilemadd Posted - 30/07/2011 : 13:05:24
I know what you mean about the rat sizes Sandi, the last weaner I gave cerb was only 34g but even that looked to big, so when I weighed him and found out he was 450g empty I thought I best trade up, anyway gave him a 45g weaner last night and even though it's only 10% of his body weight, it didn't half look big for him, that was untill he stretched that tiny neck of his and swallowed it no problem lol..........
Lotabob Posted - 29/07/2011 : 21:23:41
Duke is a small rat kinda snake. Does just fine, he's not long away from the next size up.
sandi Posted - 29/07/2011 : 21:09:22
I'm off to the shops then!!!
n/a Posted - 28/07/2011 : 18:58:18
Yes! She'll cope fine!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000