The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 snake ceramics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sandi Posted - 30/07/2011 : 20:45:47
I've been busy in the pottery department again and the result is a ceramic water bowl that i like so much i think its going to be a fruit bowl!

The clay piece was textured and patterned using shell and fossil forms, with a simple snake form running all around it. It was then fired at 1045 degrees c. I applied a glaze called toasted sage and fired again at 1225 degrees C.

Its not the result i expected but the subtle details are fab so i decided that its not a glaze to be hidden behind vivarium doors!....fruit bowl it is then!
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 06/08/2011 : 15:38:07
Go for it, i bet you end up making more than you thought, you will get hooked!
markmifsud Posted - 03/08/2011 : 14:32:13
I was actually looking to join a evening class in pottery with the sole aim being to make myself a decent snake bath
sandi Posted - 02/08/2011 : 20:51:19
If i can find a way to make more i will let you all know...promise!
acd1984 Posted - 02/08/2011 : 15:11:05
That is awesome, You cant tease us like that then not sell them lol

i would defo buy
sandi Posted - 02/08/2011 : 09:07:19
Thanks for your comments! I was rubbish at clay when i was at school, now I'm loving it!
mystra Posted - 01/08/2011 : 22:22:55
lovely work :D

makes me wish i was still at school with access to all the ceramics kilns etc ... although i recall being really terrible at it!!

the fossil pattern is fab and the snakes are the icing on the cake :D
boomslang Posted - 01/08/2011 : 21:17:33
Awesome hehe
SaltyTurtle Posted - 31/07/2011 : 13:06:03
Very creative. Now you've got me looking at kilns on ebay lol. Bit more expensive than knitting needles, but more fun.
BlueDragon Posted - 31/07/2011 : 10:09:37
Very clever, and I love the fossil patterns on the bowl : )
sandi Posted - 31/07/2011 : 09:13:09
Wish i could make them for others but I'm using the kiln at work so can only get away with the occasional bit of personal use! It is tricky to know what is snake safe with ceramics but i found a range of 'dinnerware safe' glazes which are lead free so will keep to using them. I made a hide for Boris but it wasnt suitable, too tight a fit! think Florence may like it though, i will get a pic of that next!
jonoandapril Posted - 31/07/2011 : 07:36:26
thats awsome, id deffo get a few of those off you if you start making them for others! nice to have something a bit different from terra bowls and things from the kitchen (other half NOT impressed when i steal her crockery)
markmifsud Posted - 30/07/2011 : 23:51:12
I would also pay good money, I have looked at making my own using resin but info on pet safe chemicals is few and far between. I would love a nice big corner water bowl that my big ones could bath in without emptying the water bowl
Lotabob Posted - 30/07/2011 : 23:18:12
You should make some different pieces, bowls, hides etc and sell them because I would defo buy stuff like that, I like one off bits and bobs. I'll send you dimensions for my snake bowls once they hit adult size
n/a Posted - 30/07/2011 : 20:54:09
Wow that is just beautiful!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000