The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Lamp issues.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sandi Posted - 02/08/2011 : 09:13:07
I bought a ceramic heat lamp on 24th april, It just blew! Poor boris had a chilly night and im raging, blooming cross! I thought they are meant to last 3 years not 3 flipping months!!!

So, the moral of this story is...dont buy cheap lamps of 'handsproductsuk' on ebay!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 02/08/2011 : 20:56:32
I looked at that guys bulbs once.but stuck with the branded ones.
Ebay £9.45
Other places £12.40

So not a massive saving if it lasts years :)
sandi Posted - 02/08/2011 : 20:49:39
I use IR's for florence and never had a problem but i like the ceramic in Boris's viv so intend to stick with it. I have made a complaint to the seller and asked for a refund or replacement. Meanwhile i have ordered anohter from another company. Luckily i had a 150w spare so am using that for the moment.
Lotabob Posted - 02/08/2011 : 19:41:20
I've had a bulb go after 1 week, lol. I went to the shop to complain and got a 'these things happen' response, i gave him the 'trading standards, fit for purpose' response, and got a refund, lol. I use komodo bulbs now and I've not had one blow yet (6 months +).
STICKS Posted - 02/08/2011 : 15:43:12
Hi there Sandi sorry to here about the bulb you might want to try a red one i use everready out the rep shop shop on a dimmer and touch wood all good and it doas not go up and down like a disco ether it has only just got that dull look with the weather temp going up (sods law it will blow now)good luck and that is a great fruit bowl i would luv it a big one for sonny i know it's a one off.
n/a Posted - 02/08/2011 : 15:32:40
quote:
Originally posted by bigdon23

Shame to hear that, at least its not winter or it could have been alot worse.
I woke up during a power cut a few weeks ago and had to get george out and keep him warm in my bed lol

aww! That was a good excuse lol! I bet he loved that, bless ...

Sorry to hear about the bulb, Sandi, what a bummer ...it can often be true, you get what you pay for. Mind you I find longevity varies with the top brand IR bulbs ...luck of the draw eh?
acd1984 Posted - 02/08/2011 : 15:08:05
Shame to hear that, at least its not winter or it could have been alot worse.
I woke up during a power cut a few weeks ago and had to get george out and keep him warm in my bed lol

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000