The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 pastels and hides

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
honsu Posted - 02/08/2011 : 21:00:37
Hi guys and girls two quick questions for you.
1,What line of pastel keeps its color and does not fade to much with age?
2,Does any one now a uk herp stor that sells the plastic hides you see in the american vids on you tube?
Thanks Craig and Vicki
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/08/2011 : 12:01:29
LOl - and think of the amusement it gives the snakes, demolishing their nice setup ...
SaltyTurtle Posted - 06/08/2011 : 03:48:22
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

1. Fruit

As snakes age they change colour, in many it appears as fading but they are not fading really, just changing.

2. I've seen lots of plastic ones, what I can say is my 900 gram+ fella can move his hide around as he wriggles, sometimes he does look like a snakeneck turtle, plastic ones are going to be a nightmare, always turned over or moved.

Nothing wrong with that, ask Gok Wan!
Robert Posted - 04/08/2011 : 19:19:30
thanks jhk, I forgot to add my female is also a lemon pastel and my male was bought as purely pastel
jhk2005 Posted - 04/08/2011 : 19:14:53
haha, same here! Ive never had it confirmed but i've been told my female is a lemon pastel and my male is a graziani line. Like Robert, my male's never been as bright as my female but both have kept their colour really well. If I ever get a working cam i'll post some pix
Robert Posted - 04/08/2011 : 19:10:40
I have a female pastel and a male pastel neither have changed in hue the female is as bright as she was when I got her two years ago and the male has not changed at all - but he was never as bright as my female
boomslang Posted - 03/08/2011 : 20:27:34
quote:
Originally posted by honsu

There the ones Boomslang you now of any uk distrabuters?
As for the pastel question I think the NERD lemon line is the way I'm going.
Thanks for all the help

There are no UK distributors,have alook on ebay they sell on there.and might ship to the uk if you asked them.

Small dog bed would do the same job :)
STICKS Posted - 03/08/2011 : 18:55:23
Hi there all a small or mid dog bed in plastic for cleaning turn it upside down allready got the hole cut out perfect (That one is from our friend Kelf that is what Pandora is using).
markmifsud Posted - 03/08/2011 : 14:30:41
I use large pieces of bark for my big snakes, once my young ones have outgrown their (resin) hides I will use bark for them also
honsu Posted - 03/08/2011 : 14:21:36
There the ones Boomslang you now of any uk distrabuters?
As for the pastel question I think the NERD lemon line is the way I'm going.
Thanks for all the help
boomslang Posted - 02/08/2011 : 23:17:29
quote:
A cheap alternative to these would be what a few people use - plastic seed trays with an entrance hole cut out.
don't forget shipping on that :) would make them super expensive.Lots you can use,gerbil huts,dog bowls etc etc.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 02/08/2011 : 22:57:28
The snake keeper line / TSK of pastels don't fade that much I have one girl nearly 900g and she's much better than my male pastel
n/a Posted - 02/08/2011 : 22:37:15
quote:
Originally posted by boomslang

You mean the black moulded plastic ones?these ones?

http://npicages.com/abs_plastic_hide_boxes.html

http://www.reptilebasics.com/hide-boxes

A cheap alternative to these would be what a few people use - plastic seed trays with an entrance hole cut out.
Lotabob Posted - 02/08/2011 : 22:32:05
1. Fruit

As snakes age they change colour, in many it appears as fading but they are not fading really, just changing.

2. I've seen lots of plastic ones, what I can say is my 900 gram+ fella can move his hide around as he wriggles, sometimes he does look like a snakeneck turtle, plastic ones are going to be a nightmare, always turned over or moved.

boomslang Posted - 02/08/2011 : 21:46:25
You mean the black moulded plastic ones?these ones?

http://npicages.com/abs_plastic_hide_boxes.html

http://www.reptilebasics.com/hide-boxes
n/a Posted - 02/08/2011 : 21:04:10
Not sure which plastic hides you mean - the only ones I know of are the 'Trixie' range sold by Surrey pet supplies - you can google and find their online shop.

Sorry can't help with pastels but other people will know.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000