The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Big fat Florence!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sandi Posted - 06/08/2011 : 15:47:15
I haven't weighed her in a while and although she hasn't had a poo for a couple of weeks, i thought i would put her on the scales. Her last weigh in was 910g.

Now she is a whopping.....

Wait for it.....!

1300g

I cant believe it! she is only just back on to regular eating too!

Been having a little chat with kelf about putting her on to small rats and now i know she will handle them ok. just recently i have had to give her 2 weaners at a time so life will get simpler now too!

So proud of my little (big) girl!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 12/08/2011 : 03:51:33
quote:
Originally posted by sandi

quote:
Originally posted by boomslang

hehe thanks I got sick of paying prices,for mice/rats that are under sized.

Its the opposite for me, I'm getting more for my money than i want!!! I just want a small rat that is actually small! My shop is good value, just found out yesterday that im only paying £1.63 for a med rat. I think thats good value anyhow!

hehe i no its annoying More so trying to find small weaner rats.
sandi Posted - 11/08/2011 : 20:05:49
quote:

Its the opposite for me, I'm getting more for my money than i want!!! I just want a small rat that is actually small! My shop is good value, just found out yesterday that im only paying £1.63 for a med rat. I think thats good value anyhow!
boomslang Posted - 11/08/2011 : 00:47:28
Lotabob Posted - 10/08/2011 : 22:44:39
quote:

quote:

Boomslang, you get to help yourself??? blimey! very trusting shop!

Yeah,pick out the sizes i want and bag them all up.

Another bloody looter.
boomslang Posted - 10/08/2011 : 20:50:26
quote:

Yeah,pick out the sizes i want and bag them all up.
sandi Posted - 10/08/2011 : 20:40:37
sandi Posted - 10/08/2011 : 20:38:17
Lotabob, your right mate, its an eye thing, i just looked at this so called small rat and i know its not the way forward just yet! I go on wrist size too, she is bigger than mine but the rat is twice the size!

Bats, it seems that at A&N the med rats are the size of small at my local shop. Hmmm! gonna have to go shopping by eye! Meanwhile Boris is in for a feast!
boomslang Posted - 10/08/2011 : 18:44:14
quote:
Just goes to show how suppliers vary ...can't get my head round it!
Small weaners in my local shop are 30g/40g max,Got some ex large mice on monday ones massive,and the other ten are med/large.

I never checked was in a rush,Funny thing is if you help yourself They can't even tell the difference,and they work there.

So in other words..you can get ex large mice for the price of large/med.
Lotabob Posted - 10/08/2011 : 18:23:49
It is weird how the small, medium large thing can very wildely by suppliers, That why I only ever go by eye when buying them, I make a scene gettting a feel for their girth comparing it to my wrist (Duke and my wrist are the same thickness). It is probably best if you dont feel confident its the right size to just feed something else, i'm sure Boris wont let any of the rats go to waste and you'll not have to worry about Flo.
n/a Posted - 10/08/2011 : 15:56:54
Yes - A&N. Medium rats from them are 162g approx and large nearly twice as large - 290g - she won't be on those just yet!

Just goes to show how suppliers vary ...can't get my head round it!

Haven't you got a friend with a corn snake? If they would share an order with you and you both had freezer space, might be worth buying from A&N. Furred rodents will stay good for 6 months if you keep them securely bagged.
sandi Posted - 10/08/2011 : 15:29:54
Weaner rat...55 grams, small rat...196 grams, medium rat... 230 grams. Thats whats in my freezer!

So 2 weaners are still alot smaller than a small rat. I think its too big for her so im going to see if i can find something a bit smaller.

Bats, are your small rats from that mail order company? my local shop only has 1 size option in small rats and they are flippin huge!
boomslang Posted - 09/08/2011 : 23:45:47
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Wouldn't 2 weaners be much more food and volume than 1 small rat. I've noticed too that Dukes small rats were very close to mediums but I suppose the weight bands do meet so one a few grams lighter could be in the smaller weight category yet not have much difference at all.

Why not just feed a larger rat like a small etc.once eaten wouldn't the volume/side by side size be bigger then small.
n/a Posted - 09/08/2011 : 23:04:30
Rodent suppliers - like snakes - are all different, but here is the weight table given by mine:-

small weaner 37g approx
medium 45g
large 55g
extra large 80g
small rat 106g

Shahi at 900g empty is on a small rat every ten days.
Lotabob Posted - 09/08/2011 : 22:50:41
Wouldn't 2 weaners be much more food and volume than 1 small rat. I've noticed too that Dukes small rats were very close to mediums but I suppose the weight bands do meet so one a few grams lighter could be in the smaller weight category yet not have much difference at all.
sandi Posted - 09/08/2011 : 21:29:21
Been chatting with my local rep shop today, asked if i could put Flo straight on to small rats from weaners and he suggested i give her another 2 weeks of feeding 2 weaners at a time to stretch her stomach before giving the bigger prey. Sounds like good advise to me, so in 2 weeks she gets the big boy rat that i have just bought for her! Trouble is, it doesnt look much smaller than the medium rats that Boris eats and he is twice her size! Poor wee Flo, she will be stretched to the limit!
n/a Posted - 08/08/2011 : 21:02:22
LOL - play it again, Flo!
sandi Posted - 08/08/2011 : 20:54:12
thankfully in my local that song is banned! sadly so are my snakes! the landlord is leaving tho so we figure we can change the rules....go flo go!
n/a Posted - 08/08/2011 : 20:40:34
AAAAaaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Thanks for that, Bob!

I'm assuming it's 'Small Town Girl', which I hadn't heard of, and googled ...

It's just the kind of song you hear, sitting in the pub at 10.30, knowing you shouldn't have another beer because you're a trifle ratarsed, but knowing you will anyway, and then they play some damn song like that and you end up in deep gloom, watering your beer with tears ...

Not that I've visited a pub since the smoking ban. And now that damn song's going through my head ...

I need a beer.

And it's all your fault, Bob!
Lotabob Posted - 08/08/2011 : 20:14:58
Just a small brown girl, living in a lonely world...
n/a Posted - 08/08/2011 : 19:39:25
LOL!

Flo - 'Woman must have man, and snake must have her snake ...as time goes by ...'

Boris: 'Of all the vivs in all the world, and she has to squirm into mine ...'

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000