The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 time for a new viv???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alex Posted - 15/08/2011 : 21:48:36
monty is a cb 11 royal he is currently housed in a small plastic tank with green lid with loads of vents in it ( yes the normal rubish starter kits we all get sold) it is heated with a 7w mat. A few months ago he was making a few clicking noises when breathing i feared the worse, but got him checked out and was given the all clear! On saturday i heard him making the odd clicking noise again, but he seems fine now no mucas etc.So my queston is do you all think it is time to move him to a bigger viv? i already have one built and ready to go its 3ft by 2ft with ir buld and dimming stat etc. I know people say it can put them off feeding but he feeds in a seperate box really well at the moment. I am just a bit concered about the fluctuating tempratures etc inside those cheap starter kits and wonder if he would be better with more stable tempratures in a viv
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 16/08/2011 : 11:24:11
quote:
Originally posted by Tawfik47

a great way to change snake's house Bats !! .. i can't just get enough from ur advices and experiences

Thanks, Tawfik.
BlueDragon Posted - 16/08/2011 : 10:58:47
I'd stick him in a viv as soon as you can. But that is partly out of fear from my own experiences of keeping Tig in a faun (what you have your Monty in).

Yes, the clicking might well be just due to shedding though, I agree with that.
Tawfik47 Posted - 16/08/2011 : 09:14:27
a great way to change snake's house Bats !! .. i can't just get enough from ur advices and experiences
n/a Posted - 15/08/2011 : 21:57:12
Hi, they can sometimes make those clicking noises when ready to start shedding; it can be loose skin obscuring the nostrils.

I've recently changed a small corn over from rub to viv; I had her rub in the viv on a mat, as the viv does keep the temp more stable. Then, presently, I left the rub top off; she started to climb out and explore, but regularly returned to the rub, then, when she started to spend more time in the viv and ignore the rub, I just took the rub away. She was a difficult eater on arrival - one of those things I guess, but now she's a little tiger!

Hope this helps.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000