The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Pastels

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stuart619 Posted - 18/08/2011 : 13:58:34
Do all pastels loose their brightness as they grow? How quick does this happen?

I am going to but a graziani pastel and although it looks pretty impressive. It is still young and only at 150g. I know that he will probably lose some colour but i'm not sure if there is a general rule.

I presume it is down to individual bloodlines but not 100%
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
martinking6 Posted - 21/08/2011 : 01:02:37
The colouring on the male especially looks stunning

Martin
Evolution Morphs Posted - 18/08/2011 : 20:59:01
Heres my female pastel she's 1kg now the pic was taken last week and she ain't browner out much compared to my male pastel

Female imported by Adam from the snake keeper

Male

It all depends on the line / quality of the royal
Robert Posted - 18/08/2011 : 19:15:34
Well my lemon pastel is as bright if not brighter than when I got her two years ago and my male pastel has not altered at all, I guess they will when they are in their old age but for the most part they don't IMHO :)
hodgie Posted - 18/08/2011 : 19:05:16
My male Pastel is from VPI and they are supposed to fade quickest out of the different types. But he`s around 6 and still has a good yellow colour on the bottom half and a nice browning out on the top, i cant say if he has fadede over the last 2 years since i got him but he looks the same.
n/a Posted - 18/08/2011 : 18:00:10
Don't you mean royals? Corn snakes, such as Carolinas, Miamis and caramels start out muddy but just get brighter and brighter with each shed; ghosts and anerys get paler. Whereas, yeah, I've heard that yellow in royals can 'brown out' in time. Pity ...
Kelfezond Posted - 18/08/2011 : 14:03:05
I think all snakes in general lose their brightness when they grow, most should still be noticeable though I couldn't hazard a guess on how quickly it takes to fade but I think it happens with all snakes, Diablo is a year old now and when she sheds fresh he's nowhere near as bright as once was he's a normal royal. Scar my axanthic is noticeable as an axanthic but if you look at any other axanthic baby they way, way outshine him as he's 15 now.

Course I could be completely wrong :P

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000