The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 quick question - silicone

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acd1984 Posted - 03/09/2011 : 01:31:38
hi guys iv got some aquaria sealant from surry pet supplies, and im just about to seal my viv, georges rub is on top of the viv.

my question is, is it ok to seal it where it stands or should i move the viv out of the room to seal it? i ask cause iv read on here that its quite potent so what do you think?

thanks in advance :)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
acd1984 Posted - 03/09/2011 : 23:42:48
Thanks guys, I used my common sense in the end and took the viv out of the room to do it, it wasnt too smelly but yeah it did smell like strong salt and vinegar crisps lol

thanks for the help guys much appreciated :)
BlueDragon Posted - 03/09/2011 : 10:34:25
Yeah, it really stinks. Your house will, unfortunatly, smell like a chippy for a day or two 'cause for some reason it smells like vinigar. But it does die down fairly quickly. Just be carful not to breath too much in... I had a belter of a headache after I sealed Tig's viv!
n/a Posted - 03/09/2011 : 10:33:27
After using the stuff I bought to seal vivs (aquarium sealant, forgotten which brand, could have been Geocel) I would definitely seal the viv in a room well away from any animals, keep the door of that room closed, have as many windows in the house as possible open, and get outta there fast once the job's done. Those fumes were killers! By nightfall though it will be okay to move the viv back to its intended place, but you'll still need 48 hours for curing before setting up.
SaltyTurtle Posted - 03/09/2011 : 05:07:09
Just leave the doors and windows open, put the rub a few metres away if possible and do it. Overnight the smell goes away and you're good to go.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000