The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Temp advice plz :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acd1984 Posted - 05/09/2011 : 01:54:43
Hi guys i have set up georgies viv today with the bark some plants and the heating equipment.

Its a 3' viv with an IR bulb

The hot side ground temp reads at about 32.5 (which is fine) but the cold side air temp is reading at 30+ which is where the problem is.

im wondering 2 things

1. its a vivexocic viv with the vents at the back, how far off the wall should the viv be to give proper ventilation? (its about an inch away atm)

2. I still have the caves and a big piece of bog wood to go in before george can (which im hoping will come in the morning from surry pet supplies) will having them in block the heat and help keep the cool side cool?

thanks guys, sorry for writing an essay :)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 06/09/2011 : 08:52:07
Yip, thats normal!
acd1984 Posted - 06/09/2011 : 03:57:12
Thanks guys, yeah the temps are settling now, the viv was set up yesterday, im still waiting for the caves and stuff so i have time still to get it right.

is it normal for the hot end temp to fluctuate (1/1.5 degrees) with a dimmer?
sandi Posted - 05/09/2011 : 20:23:32
Vents shouldnt affect the temp much unless you have a howling gale blowing through the house and also the furniture will only cast shadows and therefor only block the direct heat from the lamp that you shouldnt be monitoring anyway so dont worry about the logs.

How long has the viv been set up? it can take a while for temps to stabilise.
hodgie Posted - 05/09/2011 : 19:00:54
If your still having problems after it full of viv furniture you could put a couple of vents low down on the cool end.
n/a Posted - 05/09/2011 : 10:04:01
What's the cold side ground temp? It's going to be warmer the higher away from the ground you get, but he's going to be on the ground (well, usually, after he's had his big explore and pranced all over the viv.)

Setup sounds really good - I'm not an expert but I don't think the gap between the viv and the wall will matter too much, since there's an airspace. Yes, the temps inside the hides will be cooler. Sounds like it's pretty much up and running to me.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000