The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 toiletry

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tom C Posted - 06/09/2011 : 16:31:08
I have had a Ball python for 4 weeks, he is 3 year 2.5'.
Izzy has eaten 3 times (small mice as he was keep on in the rescue centre)However Izzy has not done his business yet which is getting a little worrying now.
Is this right or is it a trip to the vets to check for any issues going on.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hodgie Posted - 07/09/2011 : 17:17:52
quote:
Originally posted by Tom C

Once I have finished the mice I got I will up the size.

On Rats
Tom C Posted - 07/09/2011 : 12:45:11
Hi all thank you for the advice put me at rest, burned at the stake I felt it was best to start Izzy on small so as to keep everything as close as possible to his previous carer.
Once I have finished the mice I got I will up the size.
prozacbear Posted - 07/09/2011 : 11:56:56
Guybrush had his first poo in about 3 months this week. It was the size of a babies arm!
Lorraine Posted - 07/09/2011 : 09:39:15
Oscar's only been once in 6 weeks. I keep looking, especially after feeding and shedding, but no..nothing.
sandi Posted - 07/09/2011 : 09:05:13
Florence averages about 8 - 10 weeks! with the odd surprize present to catch me out!
hodgie Posted - 06/09/2011 : 18:51:52
dont worry, i`ve got one that is as regular as clockwork, well ok, he goes once every 2-3 months.
n/a Posted - 06/09/2011 : 17:05:57
Hi, this puzzles a lot of people, but royals are quite capable of saving up everything until they shed. That's their customary time for taking a dump. They can go in between times but it's not unusual for them to wait for weeks.

Don't know why this should be - possibly to do with their roosting in small burrows and not moving around too much except while hunting/shedding? So the burrow isn't fouled? Although I've known my lot do it in their hides and proudly guard it until the chambermaid comes along...

Ah, Mamma, we overlapped lol. Just wanted to add, at Izzy's age, according to guidelines on this forum, he should be eating a meal 10/15% of his bodyweight; small mice doesn't sound enough imo and it might be an idea to try him on rats now he's settled in. Congrats on getting him and all the best with him.
Mamma Posted - 06/09/2011 : 17:03:32
Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but royals can go 4-6 weeks before doing the toilet. xx

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000