The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Reptile radiators

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mystra Posted - 14/09/2011 : 16:59:18
Anybody got experience of them, good or bad?

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/habistat-reptile-radiator.html

I'm debating where to buy these as a heat source for the new vivs, rather than ceramics, think they look nice as they're quite hidden :)

Would these be suitable for royals and/or corns too!

cheers :D
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 16/09/2011 : 17:44:18
I wouldn't run more than 1 heat source per thermostat but thats just me. To me the thermostat is there to safeguard each vivarium against it getting too hot or too cold and to do that properly I will always have a thermstat probe in each vivarium. If the bulb blows in the vivarium with the stat probe then the other setup cooks, just not worth the risk for a few quid for another stat.

(and having a spare is always a good idea, accidents happen)
hodgie Posted - 16/09/2011 : 17:38:58
quote:
Originally posted by mystra
dunno, just makes me feel better! i don't mind :)

besides.. you can never have too many stats lying around, i mean what if one day i accidentally came home with a new snake XD LOL

Well yes i have 4 spare ones and 6 spare mats. But you would be fine though.
mystra Posted - 16/09/2011 : 10:34:52
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

quote:

Already got 2 pulse stats, and was always planning on buying a third when i got finished set ups (at the moment the corns run two mats on one stat, which is working fine but i wouldn't like to run two radiators on one stat!)

Why not? If the vivs are the same size and the stat has the correct wattage then you`ll be fine.

dunno, just makes me feel better! i don't mind :)

besides.. you can never have too many stats lying around, i mean what if one day i accidentally came home with a new snake XD LOL
hodgie Posted - 16/09/2011 : 06:59:37
quote:

Already got 2 pulse stats, and was always planning on buying a third when i got finished set ups (at the moment the corns run two mats on one stat, which is working fine but i wouldn't like to run two radiators on one stat!)

Why not? If the vivs are the same size and the stat has the correct wattage then you`ll be fine.
mystra Posted - 15/09/2011 : 16:31:23
quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob

Had one already in the first viv i bought. excellent. viv was only 2ft x 1ft though. Think the rad was about 70w. don't even see it in there which it what i loved as well.
Just check the wattage is enough to heat your size viv in the ambient temp room it will be kept in.

cool, should be ok in a 3ft, i think it says it can heat up an area of up to 650 cm3 so i'm sure that would be sufficient. Might just get one and test it out first before splashing out on 3
Royalbob Posted - 15/09/2011 : 16:24:21
Had one already in the first viv i bought. excellent. viv was only 2ft x 1ft though. Think the rad was about 70w. don't even see it in there which it what i loved as well.
Just check the wattage is enough to heat your size viv in the ambient temp room it will be kept in.
mystra Posted - 15/09/2011 : 12:51:59
sounds pretty positive then!

I know they're pricey compared to ceramics but i wouldn't mind paying the extra to have something more hidden, and i'd be on tenterhooks everytime one of them decides to climb all over the bulb guard!

hodgie Posted - 15/09/2011 : 06:43:54
I used to use them when i had mine in vivs, they were a brilliant piece of kit, Keeping very accurate temps. Yes they need a pulse stat. The only down side is the price.
To prove how popular they are when i put mine up for sale on the dark side they all sold the same evening.
Lotabob Posted - 14/09/2011 : 21:54:25
I would say if you have a very large vivarium to heat then the radiator heat sources are a good idea but purely for cost and efficiency balancing then a ceramic bulb is cheaper and does the job perfectly. There are some very good roof mounted radiators not currently available in the UK but give it time and they should eventually get a UK distributor. I've had a mind blank but when I rememeber what they are I'll let you know.
n/a Posted - 14/09/2011 : 21:50:19
Do they have an inbuilt thermal control or do they need a stat like mats and bulbs?
Merlin Posted - 14/09/2011 : 21:34:54
I was just this second thinking about reptile rads (what an exciting evening!)- I had seen it mentioned earlier in the day on another forum. The general consensus seemed to be they were a viable alternative to ceramic but will be interested to see what the pros have to say about them :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000