The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 shedding time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Merlin Posted - 14/09/2011 : 21:43:30
I had seen on older topics that the time between eyes clearing and shedding can vary enormously, my boy took about 10 days for shed to start after his eyes cleared and that was about 6 days ago. It was a bad shed, but all has come off now apart from on his head and eyes. The eye caps have tiny lines/wrinkles in them. I have tried bathing him, next day some of the shed from his nose had come off, but the rest is still there. I am most worried about the eyes, how long is it before this could start to cause a problem for him? He seems fine and not stressed when handling him, and has eaten as normal.

I know the problem will be the humidity, my gauge says about 30% most of the time. Have been misting and damp towel, but it is a faun so rubbish at retaining the humidity. Will be buyign a RUB this weekend.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Royalbob Posted - 19/09/2011 : 09:48:04
As Bats said or Gently wipe the eye with a cotton bud and mineral oil then place snake in a shed tub with a damp flannel for 20-30 mins. This should be enough to remove the shed. Dump the faun they are too exposed and do not retain heat or humidity. Good luck
Merlin Posted - 16/09/2011 : 08:58:00
Thanks for the advice, I'll give these a try.
Tawfik47 Posted - 15/09/2011 : 08:12:39
good luck, hope ur royal will get brid of his old skin soon.
jhk2005 Posted - 15/09/2011 : 07:16:55
You could also try Zoo Med 'Repti Shedding Aid', its great stuff ; you basically spray the affected skin, rub it in and then in bout 5 mins the skin can be easily rubbed off. I used to use it if my blood had a bad shed and it can used safely on any part of the snake :)
n/a Posted - 14/09/2011 : 21:55:09
Try putting him in a damp pillowcase, tie the top firmly and place in any suitable ventilated container, faun will be fine if you've no rub, or a feeding rub if you've got one, supervised, for 20 mins or so. He'll squirm about and the damp and friction may encourage the eyecaps to loosen. There's also a good sticky on health about alternative eyecap removal. Good luck with him!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000