The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 humidity hydes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alex Posted - 29/09/2011 : 17:38:28
good evening everyone! its time for monty to shed again and after his bad shed last time round, my local reptile shops have said once he goes into blue make a humidty hyde to replace his normal hyde in the hot end! I have made one out of a old ice cream tub and filled it with some moss. the issue is he will not go into the hyde for love nor money, so iam dreading another bad shed please help!!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lorraine Posted - 03/10/2011 : 23:17:41
I'm glad for you Alex. My first shed with Oscar was horrendous so I upped his humidity for his last one and it was perfect. I knew nothing about it to start with so it was a lesson well learnt.
Lotabob Posted - 03/10/2011 : 21:49:57
Thats good news, the vast majority of snakes will shed with little to no intervention at all.
alex Posted - 03/10/2011 : 21:42:18
hi all many thanks for the advise, ive just got home and monty has shed perfectly! eye caps as well, this is his first good shed with me so im very happy! just need to give him a good feed now!
sandi Posted - 30/09/2011 : 20:49:09
Flo wouldnt go near one either so i just add damp cloths and an extra water dish to raise it a bit more than normal.
boomslang Posted - 29/09/2011 : 22:24:49
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Yes, same here - I tried hides filled with damp spaghnum moss/kitchen roll. The moss went horribly smelly and the snakes wouldn't go near it. But a water bowl or wet flannel in the hot end, that's got to cause evaporation and higher humidity, which is going to reach the snake.

Yeah i've never bothered putting one in,try and get the humidity within the viv better.

n/a Posted - 29/09/2011 : 19:07:22
Yes, same here - I tried hides filled with damp spaghnum moss/kitchen roll. The moss went horribly smelly and the snakes wouldn't go near it. But a water bowl or wet flannel in the hot end, that's got to cause evaporation and higher humidity, which is going to reach the snake.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 29/09/2011 : 18:08:49
What I do is move the water bowl up the hot end and after he/she clears from being blue I spray the side of the rub till it sheds

Others use a damp cloth and put it on top of the hot end hide

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000