The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Beech pebbles ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acd1984 Posted - 30/09/2011 : 17:24:06
Are they safe? if so whats the best way to treat them?

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 02/10/2011 : 23:16:01
quote:
Originally posted by macquirie

I have a large rock in both Medusa and Montys Vivs, I scubbed them up first then put them in the dishwasher! after that I rinsed them REALLY well! I find that they use them a lot when they are shedding.

Warmest Wishes,

John

Overall aslong as you no where the stones or wood for decoration comes from,and its a safe area a quick clean and soak will do.
macquirie Posted - 01/10/2011 : 22:25:42

I have a large rock in both Medusa and Montys Vivs, I scubbed them up first then put them in the dishwasher! after that I rinsed them REALLY well! I find that they use them a lot when they are shedding.

Warmest Wishes,

John
n/a Posted - 01/10/2011 : 19:20:49
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Reminds me of the time I tried to make a boiled egg in the Microwave when I was a teen. Oh explaining to Mum why the front of the microwave was now separate to the rest of the microwave and why her artex ceiling was heavily soiled with egg bits. The bit she wasn't told about was my friend was stood watching the egg cook in the microwave and when the front blew off it hit him and knocked him out.

It was very very funny.

ohhh dear ...eggsplosive???
Lotabob Posted - 01/10/2011 : 18:37:48
Reminds me of the time I tried to make a boiled egg in the Microwave when I was a teen. Oh explaining to Mum why the front of the microwave was now separate to the rest of the microwave and why her artex ceiling was heavily soiled with egg bits. The bit she wasn't told about was my friend was stood watching the egg cook in the microwave and when the front blew off it hit him and knocked him out.

It was very very funny.
acd1984 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 14:43:53
hahahahahahahaha :D "that is all"
reptilemadd Posted - 01/10/2011 : 06:09:23
I've not used any pebbles in with the snakes yet but with my beardie and leopard geckos I cleaned them up then baked them for about an hour (hot rocks hot rocks lol) just to make sure anything on them was dead, but do not try that with slate cause if you forget about them cooking which as you guessed I did they have a tendancy to explode lmao and a very unhappy wife
acd1984 Posted - 01/10/2011 : 05:29:41
Thanks guys :D yeah i got my pebbles from cleveleys beach :D

you can get some real nice coloured ones too so they would make a great addition to his viv

im gonna mix it up and take a little from a couple of your ideas, im gonna soak them in viv cleaner, and them give them a good scrub and then soak in water, should be enough I think.

dont know why i worry so much, im sure wild royals come across alot worse then old pebbles lol, but just better to be safe i guess

Oh whilst im here, has anyone used the black jablite to make a background? i was making a background before (with poly)but it didnt quite work out (flimsy as hell) and i know the black stuff is stronger for sure. thanks
jumpin Posted - 01/10/2011 : 04:19:17
I got a load of big pebbles off Mumbles beach in South Wales the other month, all i did was let them soak in diluted bleach for a day, then let them soak in clean water for another day to get rid of all the bleach, they cost nothing.

Ronnie
boomslang Posted - 30/09/2011 : 22:09:05
Local pet shop sells "reptile rocks" in there decoration section,like £10 a crappy rock.I get my rocks from the garden centre,can get some really cool looking stones/rock.for like £1 per something kg.

or the beech,just avoid stuff like sandstone/soft rocks etc,soaks up all the nasty stuff from the sea.harder to clean etc.
sandi Posted - 30/09/2011 : 20:44:54
Great idea, looks nice and natural, i also like slabs of slate. just give them a scrub with viv cleaner, F10 or arcleanse will do the job.
n/a Posted - 30/09/2011 : 19:40:18

Sorry can't include Ziska, she's blue and in seclusion atm, but pebbles do definitely look cool ...
chrisc Posted - 30/09/2011 : 19:22:22
nice idea, bet they would look great in a viv.
searches garden for round looking stones
n/a Posted - 30/09/2011 : 17:34:39
I've had a load of these weathering in my garden for years - Ziska as a desert snake has a couple in her warm end as 'hot rocks' and she does bask on them.

I'd say that as long as they're clean and haven't been near any chemicals ie slug pellets, they're fine.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000