The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Third shed...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lorraine Posted - 19/10/2011 : 20:11:19
Oscar's in deep blue. His eyes are even more cloudy than the last couple of times and he's been hiding for a few days too. Anyway, this will be his 3rd shed since I got him in July, so he's averaging one a month.

Is that normal, too many, not enough...??? He's obviously growing and he's now onto large mice too (still no rats) so I was just wondering.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lorraine Posted - 28/10/2011 : 22:17:47
He is, thanks Bats. Went to feed him tonight and he was curled up in his hide. As soon as the paper towel went down, his head shot out with tongue flicking, lol. I think he's learnt that the white sheet means food now, lol.
n/a Posted - 26/10/2011 : 15:31:39
Oh they sometimes like to take a crafty extra dump just to to surprise you ...sometimes you don't see urates; or there's a mass of wet substrate ...they do like to keep us guessing ...I've known Shahi take an extra dump and still stay the same weight ...sounds like Oscar's doing great!
Lorraine Posted - 26/10/2011 : 13:58:45
Had another nice parcel from him last night (no urates though???) and wondered why two so quickly. Anyway, as I knew he was empty I weighed him again just to be sure as I'm not sure how long the other poo had been hidden there, even though I know he'd not eaten, anyway, he is 238 gms so tuther'un was accurate enough anyway. He's definitely beginning to get that chunky look around his midriff now too. I am soooooo looking forward to him being big and chunky.
karl Posted - 23/10/2011 : 22:38:02
Ah, I remember when they all would shed quickly. Some of mine take WEEKS to shed now (the older ones obviously).
n/a Posted - 22/10/2011 : 11:33:17
Congrats! Well done Oscar, and nice weight gain too.
Lorraine Posted - 22/10/2011 : 11:12:30
Well, another perfectly complete shed this morning and he'd left another pressie too (hidden,so probably a couple of days old lol) so I weighed him. He's up to 237gms from 188 so I'm well pleased with him.
n/a Posted - 21/10/2011 : 19:42:02
You do right - for the sake of a few days it's not worth it - the lad will soon shed and be RAVENOUS!
Lorraine Posted - 21/10/2011 : 18:41:41
Thanks again Bats. I hope he hurries up 'cause I want to feed him. He has fed in blue before but he's been so lethargic this time, I didn't even try.
n/a Posted - 21/10/2011 : 11:52:39
As they get older it can take a bit longer. He'll be fine.
Lorraine Posted - 21/10/2011 : 11:21:35
Hmmmm, this one is taking a long time. His eyes don't even look very clear yet.
Lorraine Posted - 20/10/2011 : 11:43:12
Thanks Bats. I'm hoping it's as good as his last one.
n/a Posted - 19/10/2011 : 21:36:11
He sounds fine to me. The younger the snake the more frequent the shed, and at the rate he's growing and eating, once a month I'd reckon is fine.

I've just checked back to Shahi's shedding table from 5/6 months, after a poor beginning; he shed on the 6/9/10, the 16/10/10 and the 27/11/10; after that he didn't shed until after his fast, so hope that helps as a guide.

All the best with his next shed.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000