The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 First feed!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LittlestarRed Posted - 26/10/2011 : 20:15:46
Hey all,

I'm a happy bunny right now! Our little Royal (still un-named) just took his first feed with us. We've only had him since Sunday so I wasn't sure how well it would go, but he took his rat pup like a dream!
He managed to land in his water bowl after striking and constricted and ate the whole thing in there! LOL! He didn't mind us watching at all and seemed very chilled and secure.

I'm so, so pleased!

Sorry I know I'm silly! Just had to share! LOL
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Regalmatt Posted - 30/10/2011 : 14:10:08
Yeah, congrats! Can't wait to get my royal! What set up have you got for the un-named one?!
LittlestarRed Posted - 27/10/2011 : 08:29:00
Thanks Guys! I'm still really made up! Called Hubby and told him (he's away with work at the mo) and he asked if I'd filmed it...um...nope! Maybe I will next time?

Yep I think I'm always gonna be a little worried about refused feeds, but I won't let it spoil things for the mo! LOL
reptilemadd Posted - 27/10/2011 : 07:58:48
Yeah me too lol given the reputation of royals for being picky feeders it's always a good feeling when you offer the food item and they hit it like a ton of bricks cuase I don't know about anyone else but I always find myself wondering if this is the feed they refuse....
Ellie Posted - 27/10/2011 : 01:37:36
Its not silly...I was exactly the same after my first royal feed (and every other since then!) Congrats!
GMac Posted - 26/10/2011 : 21:53:21
nice one :D always a great feeling getting the first one out the way
Lotabob Posted - 26/10/2011 : 21:40:00
Haha I feel that way every single time any of mine eat specially Duke.
lee1982 Posted - 26/10/2011 : 20:52:27
My young royal has just started eating too, it was do good to see. i find putting the rat pup in boiling water then get it out give it 20 second then just wave it in front of his face and bang he takes it like a dream. well done anyway
n/a Posted - 26/10/2011 : 20:22:38
Yes, we're all happy when we can be 'silly' like that. Congratsssss!!
blackskull Posted - 26/10/2011 : 20:17:27
nothing silly about it, we are all happy when a snake feeds, weather its a new one or one we had for a while

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000