The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Snake Hissing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lukegriffiths1993 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 19:49:49
Lately like a full week my snake has been hissing at me everytime i touch it and this had made me very scared of him
Any help?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chrisc Posted - 04/11/2011 : 06:27:37
my little 3ft royal was hissing at me yesterday an was in the strike pose seems to be all show as hes fine when out. does not seem threataning to me, its the rat snake jeff im more weary of even tho the royal bite would probarbly be worse
blackskull Posted - 02/11/2011 : 22:26:43
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

lol, closely followed by a rapid withdrawal of hand and faint whiff of fear. lol.

Naughty Cilla.

pretty much lol, since she had mites at the start of the year its like the devil has taken over her
Lotabob Posted - 02/11/2011 : 22:25:22
lol, closely followed by a rapid withdrawal of hand and faint whiff of fear. lol.

Naughty Cilla.
blackskull Posted - 02/11/2011 : 21:52:13
i don't think i have ever heard any of my royals hiss. the only one of mine that does is the jcp and she does it everytime she is touched quickly followed by whipping round ready to strike
Lotabob Posted - 02/11/2011 : 20:33:04
Maybe its just a puncture.

Snakes hiss, its just what they do, its their only vocal ability. Its your early warning siren, its doesn't tell you the whole story but its just letting you know there is a story for you to work out. Duke has hissed at me a few times, I've worked out that he hisses if you grab him too far down his body when he is in the vivarium but not if he is out, he also hisses when he is shedding (though not always depends on his mood), it takes a little bit of time to work out what's what but that's part of the fun.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 02/11/2011 : 20:17:03
Does he have a pinkish belly?
If so he's going into shed and they get a bit stroppy
lukegriffiths1993 Posted - 02/11/2011 : 20:01:39
Ive noticed he gets spotty when hes going into shed but he didnt eat last saturday so trying him again tomorrow and he bit me last saturday for the first time so im still scared atm lol.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 02/11/2011 : 19:58:45
Maybe in shed does he look dull or have blue eyes ?
markmifsud Posted - 02/11/2011 : 19:55:29
probably just getting a little tetchy as its breeding season. Stick with it, its not a sign that he will bite

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000