The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 what is better??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
infatuateddrummer Posted - 12/11/2011 : 20:14:40
I think this is going to come down to personal prefference but what is better to use, a ceramic bulb or a infa red bulb?? does one or the other have any benefits towards the royal?? cheers
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blackskull Posted - 13/11/2011 : 10:55:10
i use ceramics just because most of my snakes are in our bedroom, apart from the boa who is in the spare room. i have heard that ceramics can last for about 5yrs and for the day night cycle i just use household energy saving bulbs
Lotabob Posted - 12/11/2011 : 22:29:14
I have done IR bulbs and the new setup in ceramics. The only reason I've switched is Duke doesn't like light so I wanted his setup dark on a night and then use a LED strip for any light requirements.
infatuateddrummer Posted - 12/11/2011 : 22:01:50
there in the spare room so light wouldnt be a issue cheers peeps
boomslang Posted - 12/11/2011 : 20:41:59
Yeah its really upto you,If a red light keeps you up at night,or reflects on a tv etc etc.So more or less anything where the light interferes with you/p***es you of.
n/a Posted - 12/11/2011 : 20:39:30
You can see if the infra red's packed up, and change it - also people who have vivs in their bedrooms and prefer absolute darkness will prefer the ceramics - otherwise I don't know of any benefits either way to snakes.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000