The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Have I messed up??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
infatuateddrummer Posted - 23/11/2011 : 10:46:39
About two weeks ago I ran out of wiener rats and forgot to get some but I still had a couple of jumbo mice which I feed my corn snake so like a idiot I gave Damien one of them, I thought some food is better than no food, but now for last two weeks he ain't touching the wiener rats, do I keep trying with them and hope he will take one as he was on wieners for last 5 month!! I don't want to really take a step back and feed mice again but will if I have too!! He hasn't eaten for two weeks which I no is nothing to worry about e just showed slot of interest but seemed more interested in coming out the Viv so let him have a wander lol!! I left the rat in overnight but it was still there this morning so has now been removed!!! Cheers
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
infatuateddrummer Posted - 23/11/2011 : 19:38:00
Thank u very much fir all ya replys!! Ur all stars
Lotabob Posted - 23/11/2011 : 19:33:06
These Royals really are an enigma, lol. They do something and there could be loads of reasons for it and its down to us to solve the mystery.

I was worried because I keep all my food together in one box, that's rats, mice and chicks all in one box in the freezer, I was nervous about doing it but it seemed to have no effect then about 2 weeks after doing it, Duke started fasting. Was it the time of year? Was it the attempt at tease feeding? Was it the box? I decided to do nothing and just sit it out, change nothing and 3 months later he started eating again so who knows what it was lol. I think the best thing is don't worry and see what happens, I think that's the best way with Royals 99% of the time.
boomslang Posted - 23/11/2011 : 12:17:48
hehe yeah wait another week,and try and weaner again.
infatuateddrummer Posted - 23/11/2011 : 12:13:29
Yeah to be fair I think your rite cause I even tried a mouse before I gave it to corn and it was more interested on exPloing outside the Viv!! I will wait till next Tuesday now as I got a shocking memory so is easy to feed mine all on same night!!! As I said will try another wiener next week n see what happens!!
boomslang Posted - 23/11/2011 : 11:51:32
quote:
Originally posted by infatuateddrummer

There really is not much difference in size to be honest but I think I will keep trying with the rat and hopefully he will get hungry and take it!!!

yeah keep trying,How long are you leaving him before trying again?it might just be coincidence he's not eating full stop.maybe he just don't want anything.
infatuateddrummer Posted - 23/11/2011 : 11:39:36
There really is not much difference in size to be honest but I think I will keep trying with the rat and hopefully he will get hungry and take it!!!
boomslang Posted - 23/11/2011 : 11:31:05
Yeah id only try a mice,if i knew said snake was a pig.and would eat rats again np.

One week without food is nothing,sure he will take rats again soon.whats the size difference between the feeders?
Tawfik47 Posted - 23/11/2011 : 11:22:54
I feed Blitz with live hamsters, so don't have experience with this issue, hope someone will help u soon, and Good luck

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000