The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Head wobble...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
austin_89 Posted - 29/12/2011 : 15:13:54
Hi ive been trying to find out what exactly head wobble is but cant really find much...
Can anyone tell me what it is?
Thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
acd1984 Posted - 29/12/2011 : 18:22:59
thats weird, looks like the snake has had a stroke!

edit* just seen the last video, poor Mystique, must be aweful for any owner to see such a powerful animal reduced to that, and doubly scary if it is as contagious as they say (if you have multiple snakes)
austin_89 Posted - 29/12/2011 : 15:59:43
Mines never actually done it... He's lifted part of his body up and shook before but didnt try and bite or anything, which makes a change cause he can be a little aggressive!
n/a Posted - 29/12/2011 : 15:48:54
Yes, the spider morph is prone to head wobble, and as I understand it, all morphs developed from the spider may have this trait.

However, the first spider was wild-caught; it's unknown as to why it should be prone to head-wobble, but it is.

It's said that it doesn't appear in any other morph, but I've seen my cf10 boy with his head slightly 'dithering' when getting ready to strike.

A bit like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEIZS-eLLy8&feature=related

Some spider morphs are more badly affected - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVQmiywlaJk&feature=related

Also pythons are very prone to catching, fatally, the inclusion body disease that affects boas. One of the symptoms of this disease, known as 'corkscrewing' resembles the spider wobble, but whereas the wobble isn't life threatening, the neurological damage caused by IBD is. Sorry, distressing video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9qkxu91Uns&feature=related

Kelfezond Posted - 29/12/2011 : 15:35:22
It's nothing to worry about in the spider gene you get it a lot but if a royal is showing it that isn't a spider you might want to keep an eye on him/her though. I'll get a video of my bumblebee's head wobble at some point for you :)
austin_89 Posted - 29/12/2011 : 15:24:49
Ok thanks, mines only a normal but wanted to know what it is cause ive seen so many people talking about it, just wanted to know if its anything to worry about.
jonoandapril Posted - 29/12/2011 : 15:17:11
i believe its something like a motor control deficiancy usually visable in royals with the spider gene. someone who knows more will pop along and answer in more detail before long bud.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000