The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Bit of help with new viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vinny Posted - 03/01/2012 : 00:21:19
Hi,

I'm currently fitting out a new viv my male royal, Ive got the vivexotic lx48, I went for the 4ft as he likes to have a roam, but I want to get it quite heavily stocked with plants etc, I have a load of plastic artifical leafs (Exo terra) the ones with the suckers on just wondered how people secured them in wooden vivs? The suckers don't work very well?!
Also what else is there I can pack in there for him to crawl over/climb etc I have Exo terra hides about 5 of the fake leaves also a fairly large Piece of java wood, I see in some pics of others set ups they have some kind of wooden dowels/rails attached to the sides, how do you go about fitting them in?
Im still waiting for my lamp guard to arrive so I have Plenty of time to sort things out.

I'm goin to use a 100w IR bulb (guarded & statted) will this be sufficient for a 4ft viv?

Sorry for all the questions just wanna try get it real nice and set uP spot on before moving him.

Cheers
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vinny Posted - 03/01/2012 : 10:04:56
He is about 20ish months, he's about 3 and 3/4 feet!!
JamesA Posted - 03/01/2012 : 08:01:32
Nice, will have to get some of those eyes myself, going to order a LX24 soon for my little guy. Look forward to seeing the pics, once you loose the sofa. We had to get rid of the dining table to tit my 4 foot aquarium in :)

What size/age is your royal out of interest?
Vinny Posted - 03/01/2012 : 00:56:00
Ah brilliant yea them eyes will work perfect thanks. The bulb guard I have coming is the opening type so should be fine but that is avert good idea Wich I will definately remember for the future!!

Yes I will get pics up as soon as it starts comming together I have it built just waiting on the bulb fittings and guard, I've got dimmer stat and bulb ready! Just need to rearrange my living room a bit to get in, I bought originally with the hope it would sit on top of my 5ft corner viv my beardy is in but it's too big so I might have to loose a sofa yet ;)
n/a Posted - 03/01/2012 : 00:42:01
Q

Hi, these are what I use for fixing stuff in vivs - screw eyes from B&Q. You need a sharp gimlet or drill a small pilot hole and then just screw them in. I also use them to secure the bulb guard as then you can remove it for a bulb change without having to mess about with screws and screwdriver - the screw eyes can be removed and refastened manually.

I find a 100w IR lamp keeps good temps in a lx48, and the room where it is gets the sun (when it shines) but isn't heated except in severe weather.

I like to use that flexible reptile vine for a climbing branch as well as natural wood like java branch - I get a large size vine and double it and twist for a nice decorative effect - also it's still nice and flexible, you can twist it to the desired angle.

Good luck with the setup - sounds like it'll be great - don't forget pics.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000