The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 adults in RUBs...?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
serpentseye Posted - 06/01/2012 : 14:05:48
Hi haven't been around for a while, just wondering if you can keep royals in RUBs when adult? larger RUBs obviously. My CBO9 boy is in a 3ft wooden viv, just wondering if upon purchase of another royal(unlikely at present) I coud avoid a pricey viv?and they are VERY pricey where I am!

Sorry if this sounds stupid - i'm just a complete novice.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
serpentseye Posted - 07/01/2012 : 09:38:52
Thanks
n/a Posted - 06/01/2012 : 20:29:52
My 89l rub is roughly the size of a 2'x15"x16" viv.
serpentseye Posted - 06/01/2012 : 20:06:04
thanks, interesting to know. Thanks for the link too, i'll keep an eye on that :)
i'm absoloutely terrible with Litres though, maybe a rough length in feet? Sorry XD
jonoandapril Posted - 06/01/2012 : 18:38:22
got mine in 50l rubs, not quite adults at the min tho im informed that they are ok in that size as adults.
Vinny Posted - 06/01/2012 : 16:03:43
I can't comment on the suitability of rubs for adults, but if You keep an eye on eBay you normally eventually sneak a viv for cheaps and usually they come with most stuff you need in the way of light fittings etc!
n/a Posted - 06/01/2012 : 15:44:01
When Surahi arrived as a 4' adult I put her in a temporary 89l rub and then a viv. She'd been living in a rub rack - don't know what capacity her old rub had been. But as Kelf says, adult royals can live in 50l rubs. I just happened to have that 89l.

As long as you can provide a warm enough room for rubs, as they don't retain heat as well as vivs do, they're fine, although you can't make them look as pretty as vivs of course. They're easier to clean though and as you say much cheaper.

On the subject of viv prices, and other kit as well, check out this link - you can get all you need for a few quid delivery, and they've now got a new system whereby they email you with the actual hour slot of delivery. Do check everything the minute it arrives though, if you buy, as any damages have to be reported within 7 days. There's also ebay.

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/vivexotic-lx-vivarium-range/
Kelfezond Posted - 06/01/2012 : 14:37:05
Yes you can probably keep an adult royal in a 50litre rub :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000