The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 whats a good place to buy food online?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mark_92 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 06:49:54
Hi people, I recently heard that it's a little cheaper to buy mice/rats online in bulk and was wandering if anybody dose this? And what sites are good. Also I just moved my royal to XL mice and am wanting to put her on rats and I haven't a clue what size to get her lol so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 09/01/2012 : 19:41:39
Yes - I've always assumed this, as the ex-breeder mice are the heaviest. It's a bit confusing, as other suppliers call them large mice and jumbo mice. According to A&N the exbreeders weigh 45g approx and the regular weigh 20g approx. I've heard of mice weighing more but have never found them to buy.

Hope this helps.

ajacklin Posted - 09/01/2012 : 19:34:50
Hope you don't mind me asking on here but I looked on the A&N website, the rats are fine I'll measure the one I've got left but to order for my corns, one is on extra large mice and the other large. So in their sizes would it e medium and ex-breeders?
n/a Posted - 09/01/2012 : 16:27:21
Lol D3l - I'd have said A&N but you beat me to it. I've dealt with them both and they're both good - I think A&N works out slightly cheaper despite the delivery charge, but TSM are very helpful and reliable too.

A&N are more precise about weights - you can buy separate sizes of rat weaners for instance. Their packaging is stronger. But you have to purchase a small poly box (£20) or large box (£25) and these delivery charges are fixed no matter what you order. But they'll advise you on how to fill these boxes to capacity and even make up the space with a few extra rodents so that you get your money's worth.

TSM delivery is free if you order over a certain amount - I think it's £125 worth. They don't deliver in polyboxes (Amendment - yes they do!) and charge a couple of quid for dry ice as a safeguard.

If you have a lot of snakes and freezer space or can share delivery with friends with reptiles, you're quids-in with this kind of service. And I've found both A&N and TSM equally helpful and reliable. I've been equally satisfied with both.

Sorry about the essay lol - but I find it hard to choose between the two.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 09/01/2012 : 14:32:28
there bats i posted what you would have
and you post saying another place lol

cant win em all ;)
mark_92 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 12:21:54
Cheers BATS think im going to place an order next time i get paid :)
n/a Posted - 09/01/2012 : 12:14:33
http://www.tsmreptiles.co.uk/page2.html

I like A&N too and these guys come a close second.

According to A&N a medium weaner weighs approximately the same as a large (ex-breeder) mouse (45g).

TSM don't sell their rats weaners in separate sizes - just as a mixed bag - however this is not too bad as you can start with the smallest ones and as your snake grows, finish up with the biggest.
mark_92 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 11:38:03
thanks for the comments, Not to sure but i think it's a weaner rat that is equivalent to a xl mouse i think
Evolution Morphs Posted - 09/01/2012 : 09:52:01
http://anfrozenfoods.co.uk/welcome/4532624645
JanieW Posted - 09/01/2012 : 09:28:55
I buy live food for my snakes and Beardie from Ebay..seems to be the cheapest :)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000