The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Local Petshop (Rats and Mice)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 09/01/2012 : 15:35:26
I know shopping online is perhaps the only way to obtain frozen rodents for some, but I begrudge the £7-9 postage

I phoned my local pet shop..2 miles away and asked if they stocked rats, they don't but can order. So tomorrow i'll collect a bag of 5 medium mice for £5 and place an order for a packet of weaner rats for Feanor.

Slinky by his weight should be on mediums too, but he makes such a song and dance swallowing a small mouse that i'm not sure he'd manage a medium.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
markmifsud Posted - 09/01/2012 : 19:34:50
Its a shame that none of us live close to each other, if we did, we could all save money by doing a group buy.
JanieW Posted - 09/01/2012 : 18:27:01
quote:
Originally posted by Vinny

The large I used to get were about 60g so they might be large mice not mediums?!

Aye Vinny, that sounds about right..Doh I didn't want large lol but they don't look bigger than his girth.

It's better that way James..postage costs the same as 8 mice lol besides living in Scotland I won't pay that
JamesA Posted - 09/01/2012 : 17:31:29
I'm lucky, the petshop 2 minutes walk from the house has a well stocked freezer or rodents so we just buy what we need as we need it. My wife usually picked the mice for our 2 up in the morning when she goes shopping and we let them defrost through the day and feed in the evening.
Vinny Posted - 09/01/2012 : 17:31:24
The large I used to get were about 60g so they might be large mice not mediums?!
JanieW Posted - 09/01/2012 : 16:51:28
Nooo! My mices

lol well I there is about 5 small mice left, so after they are gone, maybe start him on mediums.

Although they look a bit big, I weighed a bag of 5 and they total 320g that's 65g per mouse.

That might too much for Fea too, I havn't weighed him yet.

(That weight can't be right, i'll have to weigh again)
n/a Posted - 09/01/2012 : 16:36:53
Oh, that's good - yes just been discussing this on another thread - postage makes a small amount of rodents unfeasible, whereas buying in bulk can be worth it. Glad you've found a shop who can supply you.

Wouldn't worry about Slinky's capacity for a larger size mouse if that's what he should be on, as that tiny neck can expand to the same girth as his belly.

Demonstrated by Shahi the gannet -

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000