The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Dented eye cap

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mystra Posted - 13/01/2012 : 11:17:58
Noticed last night that Chancho has one slightly dented eye cap...

Now, i'm guessing that's to do with dehydration?

Humidity is around 80% on the stupid digi reader (i doubt very much it's that high, but i think we've had that discussion once before LOL) but he's always shed in one piece with no issues, and eats fairly regularly. He's got a big bowl of water that i've never seen him sit in once.

I'm going to give him the odd spray, but other than that nothing really huge to worry about i guess...?

He shed about 3 weeks ago, all one piece, eyecaps and all, he doesn't look like he's going blue again (it would be a bit soon he doesn't shed THAT often :/ )

Any other tips or is that about all i can do? i don't know how he'd feel about being given a bath, but if it doesn't sort itself out i guess i will be finding out!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 13/01/2012 : 18:51:21
Hmmm....as to shed, when I got Shiva, who's a cb09, last Nov, his last shed had been at the shop that Lou (his previous owner) had bought him from, and the shed had been at the end of Oct '11.

So in view of his age, I didn't expect him to shed for a while, despite his massive appetite (still eating, good old Shiva lol!)

Imagine my amazement when he shed at the end of Nov. Total surprise - he'd even gone on eating, and as I was letting him settle in and not disturbing him much, I hadn't spotted his blue ...

So if Chancho is still eating well and growing well ...MIGHT just be a growth spurt and a shed on the way?

All the best with him, fingers crossed.
Lotabob Posted - 13/01/2012 : 18:21:39
More typical to be a shed on its way than anything else. Dehydration can be checked with the pinch test but it is very unlikely to be that if a water bowl is kept with fresh water in it without other signs of illness. As above too maybe just squished it in a bit bumping something. Bathing wont help all that much though.
chrisc Posted - 13/01/2012 : 18:16:30
could be dehydration or hes just caught it on something. i would leave him a day or 2 an see if it goes

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000