The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Maybe a stupid question?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mark_92 Posted - 13/01/2012 : 12:34:52
Hi sorry is this a a stupid question but when I was handling my royal today I noticed her head was wobbling a little, and was wandering if this is normal or even if their was a chance she got be a het for spider? Thanks
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 13/01/2012 : 22:19:39
Thanks guys :D I try ;)

Means a lot to me to know I'm helping :D
mark_92 Posted - 13/01/2012 : 22:02:55
okay thanks james, I was thinking that the breeder i bought her off of would have bred her with a normal and a spider and i was thinking maybe their would of been a het lol, ill chek out kelfezonds vids :) are they on youtube or photobucket?
jameshouse92 Posted - 13/01/2012 : 18:07:07
Royals can't be het for spider. Because the spider gene is a dominant gene. You only get hets from recessive genes (albinos, Pieds etc). A het is a snake that carries a recessive gene. For example a het albino is not visually albino because it's only carrying one albino gene. You would need to breed two snakes that have the albino gene for a snake to be albino.

Take a look at kelfezonds genetics video. He explains it a bit better
mark_92 Posted - 13/01/2012 : 17:53:12
Its no often she dose it round about every third time handling her, and she is just chilling on my arm when she dose it. And okay bats, i wasnt sure if you could get a het for spider haha :)
n/a Posted - 13/01/2012 : 13:29:57
The genetics experts can explain this better than me, but a royal can't be het for spider - however I've seen a bit of wobbling from my cf boy when he's coming up to his strike.

Does depend of course, as Janie says, on how much she's doing it, but it seems that all royals are capable of a slight wobble from time to time.
JanieW Posted - 13/01/2012 : 13:21:52
How often have you noticed her head wobble mark?
What is she doing at the time and how much?
mark_92 Posted - 13/01/2012 : 12:59:22
aww okay thanks mate, was thinking something was up with her, Thanks again :)
austin_89 Posted - 13/01/2012 : 12:45:06
Is a normal i meant...
austin_89 Posted - 13/01/2012 : 12:44:35
My royal is normal and he wobbles his head occasionally... When he goes up like he's 'periscoping' he kinda wobbles his head from side to side.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000