The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 quick question about temps?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
toney0105 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 17:06:44
i'm quite new to the royal world and was wondering on the correct temps i was told 2 different temps in 2 rep shops on said 32c at hot end down to 26 in cool end. the other shop told me 35c to 29c. i currently have mine at 35c to 28c was wondering if this was ideal. was unsure if the temps are a bit hot as my royal is spending a lot of time at the top of the viv where its a bit cooler. or does it just like to climb.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
toney0105 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 18:03:02
no not thinking of breeding just pets. thanks bigdon an BATS
acd1984 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 17:53:32
I know absolutely nothing about breeding but from watching snakebytes it would appear that they cool themselves anyway.

as for temps im happy with a range of 31.5 to 34 (hot end)since its up an down alot anyway (and thats with a dimmer stat)
n/a Posted - 16/01/2012 : 17:37:48
No problem lol. These temps are what I keep my royals at all the year round, regardless of age, and I don't breed them - they are just pets.

I don't know an awful lot about brumation (lowering of temps for breeding) - in fact I'm not sure if everyone does that.

But if your royal is just a baby, if you intend to breed, you've got time to suss all that out before you breed.
toney0105 Posted - 16/01/2012 : 17:18:04
thank you BATS do i need to have the lower the temps for the breeding season or is this just to start breeding as my royal is only a baby. thanx again
n/a Posted - 16/01/2012 : 17:09:04
I do 32 hot end, 26 cool end.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000