The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 rats

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jimmer7 Posted - 25/01/2012 : 10:25:26
Hi what sort of weight should your royal be ,before they can go on to rat pups,Last time i weighed Winston he was 166g that was about a month ago. i have been feeding him mice about 15+g ever 5 days.He have not long shed plus he is due a feed tomorrow so i am going to weigh him tonight to see how much weight he have put on.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anatess Posted - 27/01/2012 : 18:32:04
Just for fyi:

For juvenile royals, you can use the 10%-15% rule of thumb to determine feeder size. Basically, you take the royal's weight then take between 10 to 15% of that weight to be the weight of the feeder rat. So, for a 166g royal, you can offer a rat pup within the 16-25g weight range.

I feed my baby royals rat pinkies out of the egg. I don't bother offering mice at all.
jimmer7 Posted - 25/01/2012 : 19:31:56
cheers will do that,i will keep the 3 smallest ones and give that a try.Just posted some up to date pics of Winston.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 25/01/2012 : 13:50:50
keep some back and rub the rat all over with a defrost mouse

that way it will smell mouse but eat rat ;)

worked for my pinstripe
n/a Posted - 25/01/2012 : 13:09:24
I'd use up all your mice first - definitely a shame to waste them, and then start him on rats.
jimmer7 Posted - 25/01/2012 : 12:39:15
hi could i offer mice one feed then rat the next,as i still got 8 mice left in freezer ranging from 18g-30g shame to waste them.
n/a Posted - 25/01/2012 : 10:54:49
Hi, at that weight I reckon he could manage 2 rat pups or a small fluff. He can go on to rats any time - the sooner the better.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000