The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 online or in shop??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
infatuateddrummer Posted - 29/01/2012 : 21:24:23
hey this isnt really a question more of a comment!! i have always purchased my aspen and hides and decor and even food from my local store ( AJ Reptiles) in locking, weston super mare as i believe in supporting local trade, but just recently i was gutted to find out they was closing down and have now shut ;-( they used to do reptile boarding too so if u went on holiday u no your repitles would be well looked after. this is also now gone! i no shops can be a little more expensive than online and i do think that is why this small shop suffered. i think we should all try a little harder to support our individual stores especialy if like me you like to c something before you buy it!!i no alot of you on here probably do support your local reptile expert but more and more will prob start to follow suit and i feel gutted that ours has shut down cause now that leave me with bloody garden centres ( not a chance) or a trip of 30 miles plus to a proper reptile shop!!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 29/01/2012 : 22:01:29
You want to buy yourself a big freezer, stick it in the garage or similar and try capture the business that the shop used to have on frozen food, do delivery it should only be local area and then you can buy in your food at trade price too.
blackskull Posted - 29/01/2012 : 21:51:16
think the only other places near me for food are watermarque and monkten elm, both near taunton. last time i bought from watermarque the quality of the food was rubbish and monkten elm are pricey.

there is a guy on a facebook page that does frozen food, prices seemed ok, he delivers for free too if its over a tenner. i not heard from him for about a week, he said he was going to get a rough weight of each size so i could order the correct sizes but not heard anything yet
chrisc Posted - 29/01/2012 : 21:48:50
i buy my rats aspen from a small pet shop in swindon thats got a reptile section most other stuff is second hand or online.
we do have a reptile shop in swindon but i dont use it very often an it just seems iffy in there
infatuateddrummer Posted - 29/01/2012 : 21:45:56
Thats fair enough bats yeah does look good, but yeah if u got stung u r more likely to look online ;-)
infatuateddrummer Posted - 29/01/2012 : 21:43:40
i went to aj last sunday was there last day!! brought two months food and it all in my freezer! yeah they were lovely people i spoke to them about 4 times before i got damien and they was always helpfull, i think sam said she is still doing food thru the website but would have to be collected from bristol!! ;-( i no they are still doing there breeding programme i hoping to pursuade the wife to let me get either a albino or spider female and would only buy from they! i went to cadbury today and was disgusted at there prices for frozen although i brought a massive bag of aspen for £16 not too bad i thought! god knows what i going to do it may have to be online as sanders garden world arent catering for reptiles anymore! but i was gutted they had closed!!

i just find it such a shame that people like that are kinda forced out there jobs but yeah as u said they were quiet up there with there prices! maybe the call for it round here aint that great! or maybe not enough people knew about it??if u find any bargains or other hidden gems let me no and i shall do the same pal

ryan, damien and zeus(my corn) lol
n/a Posted - 29/01/2012 : 21:35:46
Hi, this is the cheapest aspen I've found so far -

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/prorep-aspen-bedding-bulk-bale-14.5kg.html

and accessories are pretty cheap online too. Also aubiose is even cheaper but you have to buy a huge bale.

I started out by supporting my local shop and made some pretty expensive mistakes, so I think it depends on the shop. If there was a decent one on my doorstep ie walking distance as I hate buses, I'd definitely support it.

However, as things are, and since I hate shopping and talking to people anyway, I do prefer to buy kit and snake food online. But that's just me.
blackskull Posted - 29/01/2012 : 21:33:08
i was gutted to hear that they are closing down but didn't realise they had shut, i always bought my food from them. its a shame they were lovely people.

im now in the situation of looking on line for food but looking at the on line prices AJ were very closely priced to the on line stores, unlike the garden centres. i was at cadbury garden and leisure yesterday as was disgusted buy their prices, was about 12 quid for 5 small rats and the other garden/pet centres near me are the same sort of price

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000