The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Nearly time for first shed :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ajokocha Posted - 01/02/2012 : 17:41:17
Hello people, hope your all well, little Floyd is soon to be going into his first shed with me! I noticed today he's turned blue. I have just a few questions, how long now til he will actually shed? Today is feeding day, should I leave it or give him a try? And finally I have a 110g pack of sphagnum moss, and on the packet it says to put it in a bucket and add 1.5 litres of warm water. Surely I won't need to use the whole pack?! He's only a baby lol. And when and In which hide should I put it? Warm or cool? Thank you very much in advance.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 01/02/2012 : 19:13:54
With royals (and some colubrids) I don't bother offering food if in blue - I wait to feed until after the shed. Although they can surprise you; have had a couple feed when I didn't realise they were shedding lol - depends on the snake I reckon.

All the best for a good shed!
ajokocha Posted - 01/02/2012 : 17:50:27
Hey bats, water bowl was up the hot end as soon as I saw he was in blue, I recall you mentioning that from before. Ill introduce some moss soon then, hopefully hell use it correctly lol! What about feeding? And I'll be sure to keep you posted. Exciting times :)
n/a Posted - 01/02/2012 : 17:46:39
Hi - I'd say roughly a week to ten days from first dustiness through blue to clear to shed but there are always exceptions.

I just put the water bowl in the hot end to up humidity but if you're doing a damp hide, put some moss (just a good handful or two) in the cool hide or make a special damp hide from a lidded plastic container such as an ice cream box with an entrance hole cut in the side. The only time I tried this though, the little git used it as a urinal ...

And finally - good luck with the shed and keep us posted!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000