The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Climbing Branches

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Duff030985 Posted - 02/02/2012 : 21:14:30
Do royals climb? Ive read that they like to climb and mine will often sit on top of the hides or climb along the top on the plants and the waterfall but i havent got a proper climbing branch. So i was wondering how would i attach a branch in the vivarium in the picture below. I want it from the side of the hide to the top of the vivarium, do i just cut a bit to fit and jam it in or screw through it somehow? Thanks again and sorry if i am asking too much i just want to make sure i do everything properly

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Duff030985 Posted - 02/02/2012 : 22:54:34
i think a black mamba would be easier to look after ha. I think since i got him he is just testing my patience and giving me the run around. Loves messing his vivarium up and ripping his plants down
Lotabob Posted - 02/02/2012 : 22:47:59
Duke dosent climb, probably a good thing he is quite heavy lol. I hate to tell you this, you've got a black mamba in your vivarium.
Duff030985 Posted - 02/02/2012 : 22:40:59
thanks for the replys. I think i am going to screw through it so it cant move at all, thanks for the link too now i know the steps i need to go through
n/a Posted - 02/02/2012 : 21:45:33
I attach climbing branches and foliage using screw eyes -

I find that younger royals seem to be more arboreal; the older mine get, the less they climb - but it's there if they feel like it, and makes a nice viv feature.
chrisc Posted - 02/02/2012 : 21:27:22
some do an some dont.
i treat wood using this method
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=713

and just put a screw therough the viv wall/back into the bit of wood

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000