The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Microclimate 500..opinions please :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 06/02/2012 : 11:14:21
I bought and received the unit, read the installation instructions and now I seek your opinions

It says to attatch to a side panel about 4cm above the substrate. I phoned them about the case getting too hot as he's bound to curl up on it lol.

It was explained that the unit has a safeguard that cuts power to the heater if the casing exceeds 74 degrees. Also it is designed to use without an extra guard, tho you can get them from an outside manufacturer.

I forgot to ask but i'm wondering how close plastic plants can be placed..to disguise it

I really want your views and advice please.

Thanks
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 06/02/2012 : 22:17:17
OMG Sorry Richard..what was I thinking!
richard v Posted - 06/02/2012 : 20:02:54
quote:
Originally posted by JanieW

It does Chris, thank you,

I think that looks nicer than a bulb tucked in at the side like that. Now I can't wait to get it all set up, I have the kibble, a lovely gnarled branch with three prongs..a few plants, so now I wanna get it all set lol

Thanks again for posting that..I really like it

Katana is happily moaning as teenagers do lol, Slinky is curled up in the hood of her hoodie and a few individual hairs for good measure. LMAO it serves herright for the grief she gave me this morning getting ready for school..i'm not hearing her plees to be

rescued..not yet..coffee first

No probs have fun

It's Richard bye the way ;)

JanieW Posted - 06/02/2012 : 19:45:44
It does Chris, thank you,

I think that looks nicer than a bulb tucked in at the side like that. Now I can't wait to get it all set up, I have the kibble, a lovely gnarled branch with three prongs..a few plants, so now I wanna get it all set lol

Thanks again for posting that..I really like it

Katana is happily moaning as teenagers do lol, Slinky is curled up in the hood of her hoodie and a few individual hairs for good measure. LMAO it serves herright for the grief she gave me this morning getting ready for school..i'm not hearing her plees to be rescued..not yet..coffee first
richard v Posted - 06/02/2012 : 19:31:16
quote:

Hiya Richard,

Cheers a pic would be a huge help :)
Its a warm house..22 at all times so i'm hoping I won't need additional heating in there, fingers crossed.

Hi janie hope this helps. As you can see the heater on the
side and the probe is directly in front also with a thermometer
Exactly 10 inches from the actual heater. The guard makes it look closer
Than it is. I dont think they look to offensive so would not worry to much about hiding it.
Hope this helps you out
JanieW Posted - 06/02/2012 : 13:33:06
Hiya Richard,

Cheers a pic would be a huge help :)
Its a warm house..22 at all times so i'm hoping I won't need additional heating in there, fingers crossed.
richard v Posted - 06/02/2012 : 13:24:42
quote:

Thanks guys ..

lol can't type well cos Fea is snuggled round my arm.

I just ordered a guard..can't risk burning my baby..thinking place the unit at the bottom as you said Richard..at the back so can hide it putting plants in front..the probe in line..maybe his warm hide in line with but 4-5 inches away?
Or maybe in line but half way with his branch above..would that work? lol and he has to back to his faun..he's being a pain

Hi janie.
When I get home tonight I will take a picture
and post it for you to give you an idea of what to do
I had the temp probe midway at first worked fine, then moved closer once had
reached the right temp, I have a ir bulb on a dimmer midway down
The viv just to help and provide a little light. Probe should work hanging from a branch providing it's not to obstructed by decor .
JanieW Posted - 06/02/2012 : 13:03:51
Thanks guys ..

lol can't type well cos Fea is snuggled round my arm.

I just ordered a guard..can't risk burning my baby..thinking place the unit at the bottom as you said Richard..at the back so can hide it putting plants in front..the probe in line..maybe his warm hide in line with but 4-5 inches away?
Or maybe in line but half way with his branch above..would that work? lol and he has to back to his faun..he's being a pain
richard v Posted - 06/02/2012 : 12:47:19
Hi janie,
I just fitted my heater this weekend, I have
purchased a guard to go over it a bit like a bulb guard
but square. I followed the microclimate instructions
Have placed the temp probe around 9 inches
from the heater but in direct line from it. After taking
best part of the day to warm, the temps finally settled
around 11.30pm last night. I think plants would be fine I would
strongly recommend a guard though. Just make sure if you do go down the
guard route you fit the heater a little higher than 4cm
as I struggled to get the bottom screws in.
Hope that helps Any probs let me know.
markmifsud Posted - 06/02/2012 : 12:14:14
it does also say it can be fitted to the roof if needed. For me this would be the most suitable position. I think the only burn risk is in the initial heatup stage, but this can happen again if you have a power cut and the temps are dragged down.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000