The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Live Feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Duff030985 Posted - 06/02/2012 : 13:15:54
I know most people dont agree with it but a have a snake that has only ever been live fed and i was wondering where i could get food from? The only place near me is pets at home and i cant see them selling me a rat every two weeks as when you buy from them now you get asked loads of questions. I live in washington which is in between sunderland and newcastle so does anybody know anywhere? Also i know about rats fighting back and i know you have to watch incase the rat fights back you need tongs to put in its mouth incase it tries to bite the snake etc etc etc
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 06/02/2012 : 18:29:01
Although if you've no other option but to use the pet shop rats I demand aa blog of their reactions each time you enter the shop xD just for my own ammusement lol
reptilemadd Posted - 06/02/2012 : 17:48:33
As kelf says try the live a couple of times then the "just killed" then the frozen thawed, from his post kelf managed to do this pretty quick so get his advise and all will be well again with the world. And you won't have to explain to some poor shop assistant in pets at home why you want the fattest rat they have every two weeks lol
mark_92 Posted - 06/02/2012 : 15:23:42
buy a few and breed them maybe? or try get the royal onto f/t :)
Kelfezond Posted - 06/02/2012 : 15:20:51
My live fed snake switched to frozen very quickly, just took a couple of live-feeds to get her in the mood. Try pre-killed before frozen-defrost if you like that can help :)
paulie78 Posted - 06/02/2012 : 14:54:22
I think your best bests to at least try and wean your snake onto frozen thawed theres no real need to live feed unless it absolutely will not take anything else its gotta be worth a shot id have thought

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000