The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 cf? can you help?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lovemyroyal Posted - 21/02/2012 : 20:32:38
Hiya
I know it has probably been asked before but I was just wondering about cf..
I know it is captive farmed but what is the background?
Only asking as I am curious what the background is.
I got my royal from a pet shop and I don't actually know where she came from I think they said from the warehouse (don't quote me on that).
She is lovely and healthy and I have had her for five months now so I know all is good but not a 100% on her age all I know is she came into the shop about the 17th June and had, I think around 5 feeds with them (every Monday and Saturday) when I weighed her when I got home she was 116g so I have tried to work out when she would of been hatched.

Oh just thought I would share that its good to be able to call her a her too as i had her sexed on Saturday and I have a little girl and was what I, was hoping for, to many males in this house lol so she is now called Savanah (princess Savanah) lol

Sorry for the long post but if anyone can give me any info on all this it will be appreciated
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tawfik47 Posted - 23/02/2012 : 08:18:50
quote:
Originally posted by lovemyroyal

quote:
Originally posted by austin_89

Thanks :) he keeps me on my toes lol I've got loads of pics of him, love taking photos, he loves it just as much

I think I have more pics of her than I have of my kids lmao

LOL
lovemyroyal Posted - 22/02/2012 : 19:14:26
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

quote:

Bats how do you get your cf ones?

Ah sorry never saw this till now.

When I got Shahi in July 10 I never actually realised what cf meant even though I'd been reading up on royals on rfuk and this forum - although like you, once I realised where they came from, I reasoned that since they're over here they need people who can give them good homes.

Then in nov 10 I got Saada, cf09, secondhand as her owner was moving to accommodation where she wouldn't be allowed.

She's a lovely girl.

Aww thats sort of what happened to me when I got mine it was only when i went back to the shop a few days later to get snake food the lad in there said about a warehouse which then got me thinking what does that mean and i kept thinking to myself does that mean cf!!

Bats your right though they will have lovely homes with us and be loved lots and lots
n/a Posted - 21/02/2012 : 23:54:13
quote:

Ah sorry never saw this till now.

When I got Shahi in July 10 I never actually realised what cf meant even though I'd been reading up on royals on rfuk and this forum - although like you, once I realised where they came from, I reasoned that since they're over here they need people who can give them good homes.

Then in nov 10 I got Saada, cf09, secondhand as her owner was moving to accommodation where she wouldn't be allowed.

She's a lovely girl.
austin_89 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 23:35:55
Lol im leaving Kane for a couple of days, he's a little stroppy lol
lovemyroyal Posted - 21/02/2012 : 23:13:42
quote:

Just seem em, she's lovely im just gonna do mine now

Thank you im going to get better ones tomorrow, have a little photo shoot haha
austin_89 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 23:08:05
Just seem em, she's lovely im just gonna do mine now
lovemyroyal Posted - 21/02/2012 : 22:51:16
quote:

Haha well I look forward to seeing some when you post them, I'll be posting some of Kane tomorrow...

Just posted a couple now but will take some better ones tomorrow
austin_89 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 22:25:18
Haha well I look forward to seeing some when you post them, I'll be posting some of Kane tomorrow...
lovemyroyal Posted - 21/02/2012 : 22:14:53
quote:

Thanks :) he keeps me on my toes lol I've got loads of pics of him, love taking photos, he loves it just as much

I think I have more pics of her than I have of my kids lmao
austin_89 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 22:11:56
lovemyroyal Posted - 21/02/2012 : 22:00:23
quote:

Feeding guide courtesy of Blackecho on here -

0g-400g - feed every 5 days
400g -800g - every 7 days
800g - 1200g - every 10 days
1200g+ - every 14 days

Feed 10/15% of the snake's bodyweight.

Hope this helps.

Thank you bats will make a note of that and the end of month will be every 7 days for her
lovemyroyal Posted - 21/02/2012 : 21:59:13
quote:

I went with April lol

lmao well yours is older than mine :P lol
n/a Posted - 21/02/2012 : 21:59:11
Feeding guide courtesy of Blackecho on here -

0g-400g - feed every 5 days
400g -800g - every 7 days
800g - 1200g - every 10 days
1200g+ - every 14 days

Feed 10/15% of the snake's bodyweight.

Hope this helps.
lovemyroyal Posted - 21/02/2012 : 21:57:28
quote:

I thought that exact thing when I got Kane, I wanted to buy the others!! Lol

Thats my thoughts now i want to go and buy all of them now.
They sell them in the shop for £97.99 too I feel like going there tomorrow and telling them there horrible for supporting it all and tell them to get on there toes and go and get me them little ones that get left behind.

I understand it is done in reasons for the breeding side of things (in the good way kinda thing) but obviously it gets done a lot for just a profit in a shop. i mean why cant they just have there own breeding stock

Only so to speak good thing is shes with me and will be well looked after and i suppose i can say she really does come from Africa.
Oh and Kane is gorgeous really love that pick

Oh and im not judging anyone who does have cf i just mean it is a little sad that they should be in the wild.
austin_89 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 21:54:05
I went with April lol
lovemyroyal Posted - 21/02/2012 : 21:49:15
quote:

It's ok :) from what ive been told my cf wouldve hatched in April/May time, as would most other cf Royals...

Kane was a great feeder but went on a fast for like 8 weeks and has only just started eating again, he's normally lovely to handle but tried having me last night, don't know why! I can't help with the how long he was there for question, never really thought about that to be honest

Well Im going to go with may lol so 9 months haha
austin_89 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 21:49:04
I thought that exact thing when I got Kane, I wanted to buy the others!! Lol
lovemyroyal Posted - 21/02/2012 : 21:46:19
quote:

Hi, My Shahi and Saada are cf too.

As Austin says, captive farmed royals are royals hatched from eggs 'harvested' from burrows where wild royals have laid their eggs in Ghana, Togo and Benin. Hatched, they're exported from West Africa to the UK, Europe and also the US I believe as the mainstay of the pet royal market.

And yes, this system has its dark side, sadly.

These little guys hatch in April/May.

Congrats on Savanah, Lovemyroyal.

Aww it is sad in a way but she will have oodles of love here
I am now just thinking about them little ones that just get left behind :(
I posted a few pics of her in September when i first got her on here so i will have to get some update pics on as she was 116g on them pics and a couple of weeks ago 451g
I will have to look the feeding chart up as she has been getting fed every 5 days and not sure when to put her to 7 days.

lol i love writing her as for 5 months ive had to put s/he and i really wanted her to be a girl, to many males in this house.
n/a Posted - 21/02/2012 : 21:45:42
Lol - we were saying the same thing.
austin_89 Posted - 21/02/2012 : 21:41:23
Ahh we overlapped bats

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000