The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 shedding and feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jamie98 Posted - 22/02/2012 : 23:33:29
Hi every 1 my royal ate for the fist time 2 weeks ago but is shedding i was wondering can you feed while he is shedding.

Also i have seen that he is only sheeding the top half of his body and stops when he get 3 quarters done, it has happened before and it took him nearly 2 weeks to be fully sheded and that was on the 15th of last month.he is now shedding 4 days, i was wondering is that a bit soon for a royal aat te sge of 5 months. Is there any thing wrong with any off that
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tawfik47 Posted - 23/02/2012 : 13:42:05
When Blitz skin is gray and his eyes are blue i don't offer him any food, i prefer .
n/a Posted - 23/02/2012 : 11:54:36
Yes, as J says, and also, when shedding, the crucial bits are the eyecaps and tailtip. It's good if everything else in between comes off, but if the eyecaps and tailtip are retained, there can be problems. Shahi, my first royal, was like this as a youngster; his first sheds with me were disasters. I leave his water bowl in his warm end all the time now.

Good luck with his next shed and congrats on his first feed.
jbarlow91 Posted - 23/02/2012 : 06:46:17
U could offer food if u wanted but your probably wasting your time cause of him being in shed so I'd just wait till after he has finished. Every four weeks sounds about right for a hatchling or young snake cause of how fast they grow lol. With the shedding have you raised the humidity in any way to help, if u have I'd wait a few days and if he still hasn't finished either give him a bath or put him in a damp pillow case for a while to try and help

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000