The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Getting there ..i think!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paulie78 Posted - 24/02/2012 : 18:58:51
Hi guys

Just a lil update ive now fixed the broken glass runner on the viv and resealed the whole viv after thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting it

yesterday i checked the light fitting as i wasnt sure what fitting the bulb id need would so i was quite surprised to discover that it was just a standard light bulb inside and a 40 watt bulb so ive ordered a new light fitting plus heat resistant cable im paranoid the cable already in the viv isnt gonna cut it and id rather be safe than sorry and ive ordered a ceramic 100 watt bulb so now i just need my viv decor and a bulb gaurd and to pickup the new stat.

Ive been offered a pulse stat for £20 quid which i thought was reasoanble or a dimming stat for £25 which is better to use for the bulb am i right in thinking the pulse stat would be best ?
Shadow finally pooped the other day so i weighed him post poop and hes now at 444 grams thats a lot of weight gain in a short amount of time is that normal or are his meals too big /too frequent ? he arrived 29/01/12 ands weighed 296 grams hes eating a rat weaner a week

Thanks guys
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
paulie78 Posted - 24/02/2012 : 19:20:53
Thanks and nope not sorted a gaurd yet wanted to wait and see how big the bulb was first cause this is all new to me lol i want to get it right first time after all shadows welfare is at stake i didnt know id need a longer gaurd so thats real helpfull thankies

Glad to hear that about the weight phew didnt want to be overfeeding him so far so good ive really fallen on my feet with him all the reasons royals went into my no list for in the beginning and hes not been a problem with anything lol
n/a Posted - 24/02/2012 : 19:16:37
Hi, the pulse stat I've found is the most accurate - it ought to be fine for a ceramic. Ceramics need a special fitting for reptile ceramic bulbs and a longer guard(sorry if you've sorted this already.)

Weight gain sounds fine - if you're feeding a rat 10/15% of his bodyweight, you can't go wrong. Sounds like he's doing very well.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000