The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Pets At Home cheap source of frozen mice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JanieW Posted - 28/02/2012 : 08:23:37
After dropping Katana off at her ATC Squadron, I looked in the Pets at home store to check out their Jumbo Mice and was pleasantly surprised £4 for 4. The size was good too, Fea could manage easily but I just got 25 large :)

I will try one, the large I got 2 weeks go was covered in blood, not that it mattered to my Boa
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mark_92 Posted - 28/02/2012 : 18:13:40
I use to buy my mice from pets at home when my royal was on then, unfortunately they dont sell rats which is a bummer lol, My local pets at home sell, corns, royals, BRB, and a few lizards :)
JanieW Posted - 28/02/2012 : 17:34:11
Apart from being bloody, the mouse was ok..i'll try a few, if any split i'll buy from Triple 8 :)
boomslang Posted - 28/02/2012 : 17:31:16
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Yeah I've bought these too before now. They kept bursting, I was doing nothing different but nearly every single time Spot had one he'd burst it. Gone back to my reptile shops now and these dont burst. The only reasonable explanation I could think of is they have been frozen and defrosted several times weakening the entire structure of the mouse. This maybe just because I live in Ireland and they are transported longer distances to get here.

I've found this in some places to,like you say old stock or frozen/defrosted etc.
ajokocha Posted - 28/02/2012 : 14:40:55
Ah I see, my local one had 3 corns and a king snake, said they're getting some milks as well soon
JanieW Posted - 28/02/2012 : 14:14:03
They don't do bulk sales, packs of 4 is the most. I think snakes vary..my two locals only sell lizards
ajokocha Posted - 28/02/2012 : 14:06:39
How much was 25 large? Theyve started selling corns as well now haven't they?
Lotabob Posted - 28/02/2012 : 13:05:28
Yeah I've bought these too before now. They kept bursting, I was doing nothing different but nearly every single time Spot had one he'd burst it. Gone back to my reptile shops now and these dont burst. The only reasonable explanation I could think of is they have been frozen and defrosted several times weakening the entire structure of the mouse. This maybe just because I live in Ireland and they are transported longer distances to get here.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000