The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Still being defensive

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
austin_89 Posted - 11/03/2012 : 11:31:47
The new girl is still showing signs of aggressiveness and being defensive when i go near her and whenever i try picking her up she's still hissing, but they're louder and longer than the other day, she's only been handled twice since I've had her because of the way she's being and she refused her food again on friday even though she seems to be actively seeking food, she's always out of her hide and going round her faun... Its getting a little frustrating

On a brighter note, Kane is growing nicely

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
austin_89 Posted - 11/03/2012 : 12:24:47
She has her normal hide and a kitchen roll tube but I can put another in if need be and I'll try feeding again in a couple of days an ill try covering her with a towel, thank Bats

And thanks again, he's my little (well I say little) baby who has definitely grown a lot since I got him in November
n/a Posted - 11/03/2012 : 12:12:53
Hi, I know there are varying opinions on this kind of behaviour but with a new young one like this, what I'd personally do would be to leave her alone, give her as much quiet and dimness as possible (maybe even putting a towel over her faun and a couple of extra hides if they'll fit in, say kitchen roll inners) and leaving her alone apart from water change and feeding. The restlessness is common in a new young snake still exploring its environment.

An aggressive snake settled in with me, I would definitely handle (save for digestion/shedding periods) but a new little one, I would just leave until she's had three consecutive feeds. She will feed - atm she's obviously still feeling strange. They all take different times to settle in and it's obvious from the appearance of Kane that you're doing all the right things. He's gorgeous btw, congrats.

I know it's hard, but I would just leave her be for a while - and try not to worry (easier said than done, I know.) You'll get there.

All the very best with her.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000