The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Still not feeding (4 weeksss !!!!!!!!!)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pythonwizard Posted - 18/03/2012 : 21:29:09
Hi I had klara for about 4/5weeks and it was her fourth feed today and didn't eat it

Any ideas I have tryed warming and am not shaw on how to brian so

Any ideas would be super
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pythonwizard Posted - 19/03/2012 : 07:28:32
Yer the temps are correct she weighed 152g when got her and I'll weight her tmmorow
Lotabob Posted - 18/03/2012 : 23:56:53
A slightly less messy technique and an alternative to braining (and what I use to get my stupid Boa to find the right end as she faffs for blinkin ages otherwise) is to bust the nose of the rat, just grab it with the tweezers, quick twist, job done. Has worked every time with my Boa, if I forget she will take about half an hour and probably end up eating it bum first, broken nose and she is straight to the head and eaten.

Oh and just edit to add dont worry about a few weeks off food, they can go months.
n/a Posted - 18/03/2012 : 22:28:25
quote:
Originally posted by Se7enS1ns

One of those little electrical screwdrivers or a BBQ skewer - put the mouse on a flat surface, place the skewer on the mouses head in like with its ear, and push down. Remove, and wipe the skewer on the mouses neck.

Tada!

Se7enS1ns Posted - 18/03/2012 : 22:26:14
One of those little electrical screwdrivers or a BBQ skewer - put the mouse on a flat surface, place the skewer on the mouses head in like with its ear, and push down. Remove, and wipe the skewer on the mouses neck.

Tada!
n/a Posted - 18/03/2012 : 22:21:45
Yup - as Chris says, it's not long. Braining - I get a pair of clean scissors and snip a tiny hole in the rodent's skull. Other people get a small sharp knife or a kitchen skewer would be good, and go in through the mouth and pierce the roof of the mouth. Best done when ratty's half defrosted, so there's not so much mess.

However, I've never known a snake respond to braining, but that may just be my snakes, who are all daft ...

Do hope she eats for you soon - they all take different lengths of time to settle in, and she'll get there.
chrisc Posted - 18/03/2012 : 22:04:09
are all your temps ect spot on?
what does she weigh? 4 weeks is nothing for a royal an tis the season their minds are on other things

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000