The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Moss box

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
austin_89 Posted - 22/03/2012 : 10:44:15
What kind of damp hides/moss boxes do you all use? Kane's gone blue again and For his last 2 sheds I've used a Chinese food tub but now he's too big for it and the only other plastic tubs I have are far too big... What else can I do to give him a damp hide?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JanieW Posted - 24/03/2012 : 09:08:22
quote:
Originally posted by Se7enS1ns

Because I just seem to throw buckets of money at Monty, I bought her one of the Exo-Terra caves, looks like a hollow rock with a top that comes off. It comes with a bag of moss, which I saved until she went blue. She loved it in there, and had a much MUCH better shed than the previous time. Well worth the £20 - but a home made tup would do exactly the same thing

That's what I bought Seven..big enough for Fea to snuggle in..it helped once I prised it away from Slinky that is
austin_89 Posted - 22/03/2012 : 11:53:46
That's a good idea :) thanks
richard v Posted - 22/03/2012 : 11:48:22
I just put some moss under rodneys hide, and remove
It once he has shed . I just mist lightly everyday to keep it damp.
austin_89 Posted - 22/03/2012 : 11:32:29
And success! One fresh and shiny corn snake! Now just hope Kane sheds without this problem!
austin_89 Posted - 22/03/2012 : 11:05:39
I might go get one those tomorrow then :-)

I'm not a big fan of ice cream and the missus only eats Ben and jerrys... I'll come up with something, I'm gonna move his water bowl aswell.

I'm currently say watching the snow corn have a little dip hoping to get her skin off! She's being awkward!!
n/a Posted - 22/03/2012 : 10:55:55
I got some small plastic rubs from Wilkinsons' and melted a suitable size hole in the side, but if your household uses those big tubs of ice cream, you could save an empty one - these are ideal. (WOULD like to use these myself as well as enjoying the contents, but no freezer space due to loads of rodents lol...)
Se7enS1ns Posted - 22/03/2012 : 10:52:05
Because I just seem to throw buckets of money at Monty, I bought her one of the Exo-Terra caves, looks like a hollow rock with a top that comes off. It comes with a bag of moss, which I saved until she went blue. She loved it in there, and had a much MUCH better shed than the previous time. Well worth the £20 - but a home made tup would do exactly the same thing

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000