The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 advice

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mimi_tony Posted - 29/03/2012 : 21:01:48
hi we have a 12-18 month old royal python, i noticed yesterday that he has mites. jus wondering whats the best thing to use to get rid of them? i no u have to clean the viv. any ideas please?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mimi_tony Posted - 30/03/2012 : 12:28:05
klkl thanx guna see if my friend at reptile shop can get some in :)
n/a Posted - 30/03/2012 : 11:36:18
http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/callington-mite-spray-100g.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ardap+spray&x=0&y=0

This is where I got mine from - bloody hell, I see the Callingtons' has just gone up £3!!!

But it's brilliant stuff and really works.
mimi_tony Posted - 30/03/2012 : 09:50:03
thanks all sounds funky but wont be able to do the ardap as our windows do not open (they are the old bay windows, proper sealed shut, ave tried opening them umpteen times with failure lol) im up in carlisle so would i be able to buy some thing like that via ebay or get a reptile shop up here to order me some in?
Laws Posted - 29/03/2012 : 23:30:59
callingtons u can order from surrey pet supplies , its a small can however and doesnt last as long but works well and is fairly safe for the snake . We had an outbreak just after christmas , what we did as follows :

1) removed everythin from viv , black bag substrate and bin . Black bag all decor and either soak or spray with callingtons and tie bag up .
2) use Kitchen roll as substrate for the snakes and use cardboard hides etc that can be changed.
3) soak snakes in luke warm water for about30 mins , while u spray the inside of the viv with callingtons (make sure u removed water bowl first!!) the water bowl can be replaced after 24 hours
4) change kitchen roll in the viv twice a week and spray with callingtons once a week .
5) u can use whats known as Ardap . use this with caution tho as its toxic to the snakes . so after a few weeks of callingtons , put the snake/snakes in another room if possible and spray ardap around the outside of the viv , anythin it rests on , the floor around it and nuke the room with it . open windows tho else u will gas urself lol! Leave the room to settle and open windows to air the room .

This should do the trick and rid them , but keep up the treatment . check the kitchen roll aften for them as u should see them decrease in numbers , however it takes awhile for the egg cycle to break fully .
mimi_tony Posted - 29/03/2012 : 23:19:42
im guna sound a dumb ass but what are these.... kinda new to pythons n never had mite problems with mites with any of our other snakes.. also how n where do get from? re Callingtons' and Ardap
mimi_tony Posted - 29/03/2012 : 23:09:42
ok thanks will have a look and hopefully get them gone a.s.a.p
n/a Posted - 29/03/2012 : 21:10:19
Hi Mimi - very sorry to hear - this was my experience -

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8220&SearchTerms=call+for+the+callingtons

But do a search on mites as this is just my experience - there are other methods, but hopefully my snakes are clear now and hope you will be.

All the best, and any questions keep posting, fingers crossed you get rid soon!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000