The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Bruising?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
austin_89 Posted - 31/03/2012 : 17:56:29
Hey guys, sorry if this is a stupid question but can snakes bruise? It was Kane's feeding day today and he was two days overdue so when i took his hide off he started moving really quickly towards to viv doors so i quickly closed them so he couldnt get out but i'd already warmed up his food and could clearly tell he was hungry and he actually struck out and wen face first into the glass and a couple of minutes after i noticed his nose was a funny colour, here's a couple if pics to show ya...

Just a little concerned about what it is so any input would be greatly appreciated

He ate his food fine though, Got a couple of good yawn pics

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 31/03/2012 : 23:32:09
My Boa has done this, gave herself a fat lip. lol. The swelling was gone the next day.
Lorraine Posted - 31/03/2012 : 21:57:10
Hope he's alright. Daft thing.
austin_89 Posted - 31/03/2012 : 19:16:35
I'll let ya know when I can... Still waiting to get y laptop fixed so i won't e able to get on much
n/a Posted - 31/03/2012 : 19:04:18
I haven't, no. Saada once struck at her window as she saw her rat approaching, but drew back before she banged her nose - it's the cats I've noticed bashing themselves when playing and seeming to have no ill effects, but of course you don't see any bruising when they're furry.

Poor chap - hope he's back to normal soon.
austin_89 Posted - 31/03/2012 : 18:38:07
Thanks BATS, I'll check on him after the 48 hours... He full on went for a strike and really thudded into the glass so I just got a little worried when I noticed the colouring... I know it's not a burn cause there's nothing he can burn himself on.

Have you had anything like this with yours?
n/a Posted - 31/03/2012 : 18:21:35
They're pretty tough - and I know that when my cats roughneck they really bash themselves on doorframes and furniture and seem not to notice it at all - but anything with flesh and bone can bruise.

I'd just keep an eye on him, and any swelling or broken skin, could be a good idea to treat with Tamodine (local vet ought to sell you this; otherwise somewhere like Surrey Pets supplies it) but any concern about his being in any discomfort, might be a good idea to ask a rep vet. But - they ARE tough. I reckon he'll be back to normal in a few days.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000