The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Did I feed too soon after shed?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Scottydog Posted - 05/04/2012 : 21:41:46
Ive had my spider now for just over a month and he's fed with no problems every week.

He shed this morning and seeing as its feeding day I thought i'd give it a go. He immediately struck at the rat but missed, he struck again but missed this time too. After that he withdrew and seemed to lose interest. Ive left him to it in the dark now but an hours past and when i took a peak a minute ago the rats still there.

With him being such a good eater so far I'm wondering if his lack of appetite will be due to his shed this morning. Any ideas?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Scottydog Posted - 06/04/2012 : 21:56:09
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think i'm just gonna avoid pre and post shed feeds from now on. On the plus side my spider does look lovely. Our other royal has just gone blue too so Im looking forward to seeing him all bright and shiny too.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 06/04/2012 : 15:49:53
i have 1`2 that will eat after a shed but the rest dont
and the cinny and pewter will eat when in shed just not when they have blue eyes

try again soon i find after they strike and miss a couple of times they wont strike again
Strawb Posted - 06/04/2012 : 13:50:50
I've had Tia strike at a rat when she wasn't interested in eating it. I think it was more of a defensive strike. Maybe your spider was doing the same? Give it a couple of days and try again.
n/a Posted - 05/04/2012 : 22:31:10
My guys always eat straight after shed, or even in shed - BUT - they're all different. The snake will tell you what it likes to do.
Lotabob Posted - 05/04/2012 : 21:54:49
Duke doesn't eat after a shed either, I always have to leave him an extra week.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000