The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 royals fasting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bestmummy Posted - 12/04/2012 : 10:23:20
i have sent and received a lot of help on this forum but now i have two royals male/female 2 1/2 and 18 months respectively, both faasting since january 2012, have tried several times with various sizes of mouse as i was advised to start smaller, anyone got any other tips to make them eat, they are both very active still around the tank during day and night.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kelfezond Posted - 01/07/2012 : 09:35:08
[Thread moved -albeit a bit late]
n/a Posted - 12/04/2012 : 11:13:00
Hi, you'd be better off posting this thread on general keeping - perhaps mods can move it for you.

Yes, as Blackskull says, and also at this time of year it's normal - I have a lad of almost 2 who's fasted since last Halloween until yesterday. I nearly fainted with shock when he grabbed his rat lol.

It's their mating season from autumn till spring and during this period most of them just don't eat, for varying lengths of time - I think of it as hibernation and offer food every 10-14 days until they decide to eat again. But when you have a new snake it's always a worry until it eats for you, I know.
blackskull Posted - 12/04/2012 : 10:37:26
have you tried heating the food with a hair drier, dipping the head in boiling water for a few seconds, braining, leaving it in over night, i think i read that someone had got theirs eating by scenting it with chicken stock too (i might have dreamed that one though lol)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000