The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Reptile Radiators

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mystra Posted - 17/04/2012 : 21:05:44
Trying to faff with Sanchez the corns new viv... how on Earth do these things work?!

it's on the ceiling of the viv, on the left... with the guard over it. Where on earth should you position the probe for the stat and thermometer!?

Putting the stat probe on the floor of the viv doesn't seem right as it remains quite cool even when the radiator itself is very hot... so this is isn't the way lol... had the digital thermometer in the same position and realised it makes no sense...

Tried leaving the stat probe on the floor and having the thermometer a couple inches below the radiator... nice hot spot of 29c... but the floor temperature in that area reads about 23c

Answers on a postcard!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mystra Posted - 23/04/2012 : 13:01:50
right, everythings all heated up and running right now, set up with the hot end digital thermometer probe next to the stat probe on the floor!

Probably didn't help that the glass doors hadn't been fitted yet!

Nearly finished, hooray! Just letting everything run for a few days and Sanchez can move into his new pad!

Just ordered everything to get Betty's viv started.... no rest for the wicked!
Meadow Posted - 18/04/2012 : 20:43:36
That's really good to know, hodgie, thanks for that
hodgie Posted - 18/04/2012 : 10:50:07
I used to use reptile radiators a few years ago before moving onto a rack system. Of all the various ways to warm a viv they are definately the best and i`ve tried them all. In my opinion they are much better than bulbs as they are descreet and last around 5 years. The warmest part of the viv is obviously directly under the plate so just place the probe into the central area.
Meadow Posted - 18/04/2012 : 07:18:20
I'll be watching this thread with interest as my reptile radiator arrived yesterday

I'm waiting for spare parts for my viv before I can assemble everything, though, so it will be good to see how the reptile radiator works for you, mystra, then I'll know more what I'm doing when it comes to setting it all up
mystra Posted - 17/04/2012 : 21:19:42
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Same as a bulb setup really, you can either put it directly under the radiator or somewhere in the middle, you then set the temp with a thermometer. It will run hot until everything warms up and then it will all calm down.

cool. or hot as the case is LOL (bah-dum-dum-TSSSHHH)

I'll leave it over night see how it settles down with all the probes on the floor... just thought it may be trickier seeing as the radiator is a lot lower profile than a bulb.... but i will be patient... or try!
Lotabob Posted - 17/04/2012 : 21:16:40
Same as a bulb setup really, you can either put it directly under the radiator or somewhere in the middle, you then set the temp with a thermometer. It will run hot until everything warms up and then it will all calm down.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000