The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Thermostat choices

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Danno91 Posted - 25/04/2012 : 17:59:40
Well one of my thermostats packed in fortunately I had a spare, unfortunately it was a on/off stat
I use ceramic bulbs non light emitting I am about to order some more spares and was wondering if this type of stat is ok to use,
I have noticed that the temp fluctuates 1-2 degrees and the dial does not match what the true temps are.
Thanks in advance
Danny
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JB2012 Posted - 26/04/2012 : 00:23:44

Hi Danno

I use dimming, as they're suitable for ceramic & IR bulbs and have found them excellent at keeping a constant temp. I'm using ceramics in two 2ft vivs, and IR in a 3ft with no problems so far

Danno91 Posted - 25/04/2012 : 23:46:38
Thank you all I didn't even realise my spare was the wrong one buying a few in as I have another four vivs that need to be prepared, I have also been toying with the idea of building a rub stack for in the future I have seen some really good guides recently
Lotabob Posted - 25/04/2012 : 18:42:50
Pulse or dimming are both absolutely fine for ceramics. I use dimming and they are accurate and never fluctuate not even .1 of a degree. They are also gentler on bulbs as its a constant steady flow of electricity not switching it on and off really really fast.
n/a Posted - 25/04/2012 : 18:31:51
Sorry - meant temporarily until replacement comes - pulse is definitely best for ceramics.
blackskull Posted - 25/04/2012 : 18:30:00
i had a ceramic on an on/off stat for a while but it shortened the life of the bulb, i think it lasted 3 months if that.i use pulse stats and not changed a ceramic in over a year
Kelfezond Posted - 25/04/2012 : 18:17:50
I've never used ceramics but if I remember correctly a pulse proportion stat is the best...
n/a Posted - 25/04/2012 : 18:07:26
Well I'd give it a go, can't be worse than no stat.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000