The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Bloomin snakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nomi Posted - 03/05/2012 : 22:22:54
I came home from work yesterday to discover I had a missing snake on my hands, Vinnie had managed to push the glass doors open and go for a stroll. Nice for him. I pantsed myself, and proceeded in turning the house upside down looking for him. Just as I was about to give up hope and start crying, I happen to look in my big ceramic plant pot holder and there he is, all smushed up against the plant pot. Phew. The little bugger was freezing cold. I put him back in his viv to warm up and when I checked on him later, I found my first half digested mouse. Joy. Not something I want to be cleaning up often! I've wedged some rubber between the glass for now to stop him escaping. Does anyone know if them sliding locks are any good?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nomi Posted - 04/05/2012 : 18:27:24
Great thanks everyone for your advice!
n/a Posted - 04/05/2012 : 15:19:46
Glad you found him! The feeling is just awful when a snake gets out.

Yeah I use those rubber wedges - and if in any doubt a small strip of sellotape on each door edge, though used insulating tap this time, it's easier to peel off and refix.
Snecklifter Posted - 04/05/2012 : 12:21:35
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

They are and they aren't. I use them when I have them but a rubber wedge does just as well, only problem I find with the locks is that my royals always had a habit of trying to climb on the inside piece and I had to put up with the sound of falling royals all night. But hey that's better than an escapee, glad you found him again!

The sliding locks work perfectly well and i've found that the solution to falling snakes is to have the lock at the base of the sliding door, that way they only have to fall a couple of inches...
chrisc Posted - 04/05/2012 : 08:08:40
glad you found him. i use the rubber wegdes for all my vivs apart from the boas viv which has a lock on it
Fezza Posted - 04/05/2012 : 07:59:06
I found a pair of rubber wedges on eBay for about £3. They work a treat to stop escapee royals

Just make sure that you keep an eye on the inside piece of glass when you slide the bung in as it has a habit of pulling it open slightly.
Nomi Posted - 03/05/2012 : 22:41:02
Agh mine are vivexotics as well. Might just give it a miss then and get some proper wedges. Thanks for the help!
MrSteely Posted - 03/05/2012 : 22:40:27
I use a piece of folded thick cardboard to wedge them shut as my vivexotic 3x1 seems to have dodgy runners. they aren't quite thick enough and sometimes the inside glass pops out of the runner if its pushed.
Shea's never escaped though and the feel secure enough.
Nomi Posted - 03/05/2012 : 22:28:37
Haha I think I might find that thumping sound quite soothing. At least I'd know they're in there! Might have a look on eBay and give em a bash. Cheers. :)
blackskull Posted - 03/05/2012 : 22:27:44
you got to love them, any chance and they will take it

i did have a pro rep lock but the space between the glass on the vivexotic was not big enough and the lock was too tight and started to scratch the glass.i now use little rubber wedges.

but one of my vivs isn't a vivexotic and it did fit fine on that one
Kelfezond Posted - 03/05/2012 : 22:24:32
They are and they aren't. I use them when I have them but a rubber wedge does just as well, only problem I find with the locks is that my royals always had a habit of trying to climb on the inside piece and I had to put up with the sound of falling royals all night. But hey that's better than an escapee, glad you found him again!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000