The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Help - Feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Luckyscot Posted - 06/05/2012 : 21:47:25
Hi everyone

I know this must have been asked a million times but i am getting really worried now

I have a Royal that is 11 months old and she has not fed for 5 weeks now. She is active moving about the viv and has shed fine last week.

The temp is the same and she was feeding fine before. I am mad to worry would love to get any advice.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Luckyscot Posted - 11/06/2012 : 21:02:57
Hi yeah i did lol DOH
blackskull Posted - 05/06/2012 : 21:20:53
i hope you mean grams not kilograms lol
Luckyscot Posted - 05/06/2012 : 21:11:21
Hi all

Just wanted to give you an update she has still not eaten but she is active and not lost much weight just a few kg's which i have been advised is fine.
hodgie Posted - 09/05/2012 : 09:53:07
quote:
Originally posted by Luckyscot

Thanks everyone for the advice nice to know I am not the only one with this problem x

Its not a problem for them, its a problem for us especially when you are a new keeper and our lack of experience makes us panick. With time you`ll understand how they live.
Luckyscot Posted - 08/05/2012 : 22:33:17
Thanks everyone for the advice nice to know I am not the only one with this problem x
reptiledanny Posted - 07/05/2012 : 20:19:39
Ye I'm the same,my male hasnt eaten since the start of december. I just monitor his weight and he hasn't really dropped much, so I know he's doing ok and should eventually start again fingers crossed
hodgie Posted - 07/05/2012 : 20:06:13
quote:
Originally posted by Luckyscot

I have a Royal that is 11 months old and she has not fed for 5 weeks now.

She`ll be fine, i`ve got one who hasn`t eaten since the end of November.
JB2012 Posted - 06/05/2012 : 22:44:47

Hey scot

I've just experienced a similar thing with one of mine (a yearling). He was feeding fine for 3 months, then suddenly stopped. I thought the setup was fine, but have since discovered that both the digital thermometer / hygrometer combo and std digital thermometer were both off. (I know, unbelievable that they'd play up at the same time) I've since added extra vines etc, and now check temps with an ir temp gun (checked with one calibrated at work)
He ate for the first time in 6 weeks last night, so hopefully things have settled.

This is purely my experience though, and may be a coincidence, but something to consider...

Maybe some photo's could help to double check things are ok?!
Lotabob Posted - 06/05/2012 : 22:23:19
No worries, its always a nervous time waiting for that first feed, it took me 3 weeks to work out Duke likes feeding at night, just before I go to bed, in his vivarium and all I do is sneak in the rat and go to bed, by morning its gone.
Luckyscot Posted - 06/05/2012 : 21:55:22
Thanks yeah I have had the set up checked by an expert and they say its fine just my 1st Royal and was getting a bit worried thanks for the reply x
Lotabob Posted - 06/05/2012 : 21:53:31
If your setup is correct and you know its correct then its nothing to worry about. My Royal fasted for 4 months so a few weeks is nothing at all. If it makes you feel better tell us all about your setup with as much information as possible on heating, temperatures, size and hides available and we will see if its all good or if it needs some work.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000